Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

newtojackets is no longer new to jackets: sharing my leather jacket collection

newtojackets

Practically Family
Long time lurker on this site, this is probably my first comment ever made on this forum, but I just have to know.

Did you get the Johnson Leathers jacket off of me from Vinted about a year ago? because I seriously never thought I'd end up seeing it again, had to sell it because i was leaving the UK

If it is, I'm just really happy to see it's in the possession of someone who appreciates it
Yes, that was me! Heard a lot about Johnson Leathers, so when I saw one in the UK in my size I jumped on it. Have given it a lot of wear since :)

newtojackets

Practically Family
Update from me. I took on board @TartuWolf suggestion, and collected a series of fit pics:

Black Jackets

1. The Flat Head single rider in Shinki horsehide

IMG_7570.JPEG

2. Rainbow Country Ponyboy in Shinki horsehide

IMG_7560.JPEG

3. Brooks Gold Label Cross Zip in what I assume is a cowhide
IMG_7567.JPEG
4. Schott x Rag n Bone cross zip in cowhide
IMG_7585.JPEG
5. Schott Cafecto in steerhide
IMG_7557.JPEG
6. Aero Cafe Racer in Chromexcel HH
IMG_7584.JPEG
7. Johnson Leathers Sportster in cowhide
IMG_7578.JPEG
8. Harley Davidson AMF racing shirt (assume it’s made by Brooks in cowhide)
IMG_7575.JPEG

newtojackets

Practically Family
Overall. I found the process of taking fit pics extremely useful. It taught me a few things:

1. The jackets which were my favourites may no longe rbe my favourites. I had only seen them up close in the mirror, so a fit pic from further away changes the perpsective

2. Photos in sunlight are much better at capturing the colour of the jacket (and once again have influenced how I feel about the jacket)

3. Overall, taking fit pics at the right angles has made me realise that my jackets fit better than I though. In my head I always had some reservations, but seeing these in photos makes them look better to me

newtojackets

Practically Family
You’re hitting home runs on your fits.
Thanks! I’ve gotten a lot better at just seeing a photo of a jacket and getting a rough idea of whether it will fit me or not.

Every once in a while I try to push my luck, and those ones are usually the ones I have to sell on haha

newtojackets

Practically Family
That Burberry kicks ass!! And the JH1 in particular is a superb fit.
The Burberry one is great- interesting leather, really unique design / hardware, stellar fit and great construction (particularly when compared to many fashion leather jackets).

Was quite surprised that this came from Burberry

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
This could've/would've been my own collection some 15 years ago. Now I don't have a single motorcycle jacket anymore... In any case, very cool and very nice. Burberry looks like sheepskin. Fantastic, tough leather, when not skived.
Monitor! You didn’t get rid of that beast of a First Gear cross zip did you? I think it had a D pocket and a belt buckle cover?

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Seeing that Burberry jacket getting praise makes me wonder if there’s a thread like the “when you thought you’d seen it all” but the opposite: fashion jackets that the average lounger doesn’t hate or even like. I see Monitor has some avant-garde stuff that seems well received.

Also, I don’t know how it compares but I’d expect the Addict Leathers sheep leather to be quite nice. When I was looking into the brand before I got an AD-01 in horse (which I love BTW) I watched a couple of interviews with the owner and he seemed really passionate about LL’s original sheep leather and he speaks about how he discussed with several japanese tanneries about how to get that thick yet supple leather, and that very few tanneries work with non-shearling sheepskin anymore. After watching those videos I felt he only offered horse because he knew it was popular, but if it were up to him he’d only sell sheep. If I ever get a second Addict it’ll be in sheep and in torquoise.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg