Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie Question????

openroad

New in Town
Hello everyone, please forgive me if this has been asked 1000 times already but is there a way to date my Stetson's??
I have 2 older Openroads and an Imperial both by Stetson but cannot find any way to date these hats. I really cannot find any information on the Imperial which says made in Canada by the way.

Thanks,
Brian

You guessed right, openroad -- attempts at ascertaining dates of manufacture is a quite popular pastime around here.

Photos would help -- both interior and exterior shots. And check under the sweatbands for old tags or anything else that might provide clues. (Sometimes we find old theater tickets tucked in there, and even folded newspaper or magazine pages, put there by some previous owner to size 'em down a bit.) Look for the paper tags glued to the insides of the crowns.

Do that, and post some photos of what you find, and you'll likely get a few well-informed opinions on the ages of your lids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe