Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Window Display. Flying Ace's theme.

Decodence

A-List Customer
What manf. of shoe tree is this?

P1010233-1.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Fabulous Marty!! :eusa_clap Love the wind-blown ties.
And I hafta ask... do you know the brand and shade of the wall color?!

You're amazing, really. Would love to hear what your clients have to say. Is there any one display you can think of that "really brought them in"?
Nikki

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Fantastic, great job!

That display would suck me in, even if the clothes didn't already.

How long do you keep the displays before you change them? Must be a tremendous amount of work.

Marty M.

Vendor
thunderw21 said:
Outstanding. I really like the theme of this display and you do it so well! Who'd ever thought a Flying Aces/Air Combat theme could look so good in a haberdashery window?
Where'd you get the models?

Thanks Thunder. The models were borrowed to me by Hub Hobby shop in Richfield, MN . They were great to work with.

KilroyCD: Nobody in my area puts such thought and creativity into their displays.
That's truly a shame. It's always been my opinion that a stores displays can speak volumes of their overall commitment to their business.

rumblefish: Make it big game fishing off of Cuba!
lol . That would be an awesome display. I wish my windows were large enough to hang a big fish. As a matter of fact, the one disadvantage that we have with our store is that we don't have high ceilings. If we had high ceilings I would all sorts of things dangling from above.

ohairas: And I hafta ask... do you know the brand and shade of the wall color?! Is there any one display you can think of that "really brought them in"?
Nikki
Thanks Nikki. I do get a lot of comments from people. Here's an interesting thing, Women will walk in the door and just blurt out that they love the displays. Men will walk in and work it into their conversation with me that they walk by our displays all the time and that's one of the things that brought them into the store.
I'll get that paint info and pm it to you.

Lucky Strike: How long do you keep the displays before you change them? Must be a tremendous amount of work.
Hi Lucky, I keep them up for 8 weeks. I would love to shrink that to 6 weeks. But it's not in my budget to do them that frequently yet. They are a lot of work. My job is all in the prep. The first thing to do is think of the next theme of the display. Then I decide what fabrics and style(single breast, double breast etc..) and order them (the clothing is custom made for the displays). Next step is to start searching Antique stores and Ebay for props. When we have all of the above in hand, our window dresser forms the window displays. He's a second generation window trimmer. We've known each other for twenty plus years. And he's the best! I do all of the interior displays. But my skills are vastly inferior to his.
Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
Our other window.

I forgot one of our satalite windows in the downtown skyway system. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

P1010350-1.jpg

P1010354.jpg

P1010356-1.jpg

fishmeok

Vendor
Looks great Marty! I don't know if I will be able to get downtown in time for the trunk show but I will definately try.
If you ever need more WWII stuff let me know, I know people...
Cheers
Mark

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks Mark.

fishmeok said:
Looks great Marty! I don't know if I will be able to get downtown in time for the trunk show but I will definately try.
If you ever need more WWII stuff let me know, I know people...
Cheers
Mark

I should of called you buddy. I remember that when you were in the store we talked about this upcoming display. Sorry. Hey, if you do get a chance to stop over for the Allen Edmond Trunk Show, don't forget to bring your beautiful wife along ;) .
Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld