Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New (to me) Jacket Day: Brown Aero CXSH J100

MatM13

New in Town
It's been a week or so with the new jacket I bought from @deepestbluest, but I've just finally got around to posting this. In the spirit of contributing to the forum and not being some random lurker that uses the forum only for the Classifieds, I thought I'd add some fit information for this jacket to the thread archive.

I have attached two fit pics of the front side (zipped and unzipped).

For reference:
- Me: 6'1", 164lbs, 38/38.75 chest relaxed/expanded, about 17" in the shoulders, and the jeans are an Abercrombie 31" waist.
- The Jacket: Chest: 21" / Shoulder: 17.5" / Back: 25" / Sleeves: 26.5" / Bottom hem: 19"
- Shoulders look a bit bumpy in the photos but thats partially because it needs time to reshape to my shoulders---and because I have really boney shoulders.
- Also, hem flairs largely because of how I'm standing. I've found that most of the time, it sits reasonably parallel.

First off, I love that the jacket is heavy to hold, but light on the body. It's about 6lbs, and my old uni leather jacket was 5. This actually feels lighter, but probably owing to the snug fit---my shoulders bore the full weight of that bomber-style university jacket. I am also shocked at how comfortable the CXSH is. I was expecting something super stiff and uncomfortable relative to my Goatskin BR-J100, but it doesn't feel too much more stiff than that one.

If I had the choice on a custom version of this, I'd probably have gone about 0.5" shorter on the sleeves, but for a used jacket, man, I didn't even expect to be this close--sometimes we get lucky, and this was my time. Wears well with a t-shirt, essentially matching the hems, and only slightly more snug but still comfortable with a midweight hoodie.

Hope this information helps someone else out in future when they're looking at a used jacket they can't try before buying.

PXL_20241020_163911027.jpg
PXL_20241020_165229321.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squash_fav