Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hat--but what is it? (Now with Pix)

skillbilly

One of the Regulars
Pilgrim said:
Are you two guys pretty happy with the quality of those hats? I'm interested in whether you've shaped them or worn them so far.
I couldn't be happier with it. The felt is very sturdy and I love the wider brim on it. I shaped the crown a bit, but plan to leave the brim as is. As for wear, I wore it out last night.

What about you Cruiser? Where's those pics?

Looks great, Cruiser. My tired old eyes can't quite tell from the pictures if that's a Cav edge. Is it?
Love that avatar pic, too. Who's the oldtimer? And the kid?

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
tonyb said:
Looks great, Cruiser. My tired old eyes can't quite tell from the pictures if that's a Cav edge. Is it?
Love that avatar pic, too. Who's the oldtimer? And the kid?

Thanks, tonyb--I'm not sure I would know a Cav edge if I saw it, but based on threads I have read, I don't believe it is, because it is folded over and sewn, and the threads are visible on the top edge of the brim. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I am can tell us if that rules it out as being a Cav edge. If not, I will post a close-up of the edge and maybe that will help. The avatar: That's me with Gramps in 1947.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally