Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Budget M-65?

QueenFreyja

New in Town
Hello, I'm looking for an M-65 field jacket for under $250, I know a lot of people recommend thrifting or shopping surplus to get a vintage one, however I'd really like to avoid the uncertainties of conditio, repairs, smell, etc. and would rather just buy new from a modern manufacturer. From the research I've done online it seems to come down to Alpha Industries, Helikon Tex, and Bronson, so I was wondering which would be the best quality?

I've heard mixed opinions; some think Alpha is the best as they are the original manufacturers of the M-65 but others say their quality has significantly dropped since becoming a commercialized clothing brand.

Would love recommendations, thank you!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does it have to be M-65 or are you open to other similar field jackets?

There are some great options out there and I can understand the concern about the issues that pop up with vintage, like things that are new in package but still have a musty smell.

Happy to make recommendations based on your answer.

QueenFreyja

New in Town
Does it have to be M-65 or are you open to other similar field jackets?

There are some great options out there and I can understand the concern about the issues that pop up with vintage, like things that are new in package but still have a musty smell.

Happy to make recommendations based on your answer.
Hi! No it doesn't have to specifically be an M65, I just like that style of jacket (the material, pockets, color, not a necessity but the hood that can fold into the collar is very cool as well)

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi! No it doesn't have to specifically be an M65, I just like that style of jacket (the material, pockets, color, not a necessity but the hood that can fold into the collar is very cool as well)

Okay! That makes things both easier and more interesting because there are a ton of field jacket options in different materials and fits which I think you'll like and perhaps find even more interesting than the M-65.

What would you like to wear it with? Do you like to cinch in a jacket waist when you're wearing it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust