Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New budget M-65 Field Jacket?

4444Design

A-List Customer
M65 in small sizes are available for a steal on all auction or ordering platforms ...

BTW: there was a female version of the M43 field jacket which was issued by the end of the 2nd WW which was specially designed for the different shape of the female body - well the buttons where exposed other than that a very versatile jacket ...

qOf04At.jpg

TLW '90

Practically Family
I have two originals, and wouldn't consider a civilian copy. But she is traveling a different road.
Same here.
I would buy a new M65 from Golden if they were still making them since they were an official contractor making them in the US, but otherwise that's it and I'd only go official issue.

I have the '77 sew sew styles from my dad pictured previously that I've been abusing since I was a kid, and an '85 Winfield in woodland from my dad that I've been abusing at work in the winter for the past 6 years.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
A long time ago I tried on a few original ones (in a backyard shop in Munich that only had second-hand military clothing from all kinds of nations, but of course also a lot of Bundeswehr)
Unfortunately, I have to say that they look like a sack of potatoes on me (a fate shared by many others).
If they fit halfway, then the sleeves were guaranteed to be too short and I could still wrap the jacket round my stomach twice.
Maybe I'll try the Helikon. It comes from Europe and I haven't read anything bad about it.
Potato sack is of course perfectly ok if I have to work in it, fight in it or am travelling in the wilderness. And I'm no Arnold Schwarzenegger either ;) But for my purposes, I would like it to be a bit more fashionable. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007