Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy cotton flight jacket

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know if a repro of the WW2 navy cotton jacket is still being made? I think it was the M-421? I know Avrix made one in the very early 80s and Willis and Geiger made one at one time.

pablocham

One of the Regulars
what price glory definitely has them, but i can't say anything about the quality of them and the pictures on their website are pretty sparse and out of focus. The japanese makers come out with them occasionally, but I know that Buzz Rickson didn't make one this year.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I just got one of these today thanks to this post. I also remember that Avirex did have one in their catalogue briefly, way back when. Anyway, I think that the jacket is really cool. I’m very satisfied with it. I think that the average person would be satisfied with it as well. Really anal jacket buffs (weirdos- just kidding) will need to look elsewhere I think. The jacket has a ykk zipper and is made in Pakistan. But what do you expect for 50 bucks? The stitching and the materials are good. I think that the jacket is more than enough for a casual fan. I’d post a picture but I already sent the jacket out to have leather wings and a vf-3 patch put on it. I’ll post a picture when the jacket returns. Cheers

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Rundquist said:
I just got one of these today thanks to this post. I also remember that Avirex did have one in their catalogue briefly, way back when. Anyway, I think that the jacket is really cool. I’m very satisfied with it. I think that the average person would be satisfied with it as well. Really anal jacket buffs (weirdos- just kidding) will need to look elsewhere I think. The jacket has a ykk zipper and is made in Pakistan. But what do you expect for 50 bucks? The stitching and the materials are good. I think that the jacket is more than enough for a casual fan. I’d post a picture but I already sent the jacket out to have leather wings and a vf-3 patch put on it. I’ll post a picture when the jacket returns. Cheers

so was it "What Price Glory " jacket you got?

Where did you get your squadron patch? is it leather, fabric or chenille?

Does anyone make good chenille repros of Navy/Marine or AAF squadron patches?

Rundquist

A-List Customer
tallyho said:
so was it "What Price Glory " jacket you got?

Where did you get your squadron patch? is it leather, fabric or chenille?

Does anyone make good chenille repros of Navy/Marine or AAF squadron patches?

I went with a Gibson & Barnes Patch. They're local for me.
http://www.flightsuits.com/patch_vf3.html

Eastman Leathers (England) also sells one. Yeah I'm talking about the What Price Glory one. I may have the jacket back by tomorrow. If that's the case I'll post pics. Cheers

B-24J

One of the Regulars
M-421a

The auction for this jacket just closed on eBay. While I did not bid on it, I do like the design!

M-421A-a.jpg

M-421A-b.jpg

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld