Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Horsehide Vest courtesy of Hillside USA

Navin323i

Practically Family
apba1166 said:
I wear a vest for work sometimes, 'cause of the pockets (I always need a lot of work "stuff"), so I got curious and went to the Hillside website. I liked the Stand-up Collar vests--they are listed as "new" so perhaps quality has taken a turn for the better there. I have two denim ones with stand-up collars and like them a lot: one with quilted liner and padded stand up collar and deep front snap pockets that can hold a lot. Another denim with stiff stand-up collar, lots of zipped pockets and two deep "inside" pockets. Would be nice to have a leather one, 'specially w/lots of pockets. as far as horsehide for a vest, not sure about that. Had one for years and it doens't "move" enough to break.

Mark

Hi Mark,

No issues thus far with me having a horsehide vest. Plenty of movement, not rigid like my horsehide Aero jacket... the vest is quite supple... I don't think you'd be disappointed. :)

Navin

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Vests are great

Navin, great fit you got on this vest. Vest's are great. I got a few in wool from Filson and I'm hooked on them now. I've got one in the works that I'm planning with Dave at Langlitz in leather of course... More to come on this later ;^)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Tony No-Toes said:
Navin, great fit you got on this vest. Vest's are great. I got a few in wool from Filson and I'm hooked on them now. I've got one in the works that I'm planning with Dave at Langlitz in leather of course... More to come on this later ;^)

Fantastic! I can't wait to see your Langlitz one... definitely would like to see your Filson vests though if you have any pics you can post. :)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
anybody here has experience with Hillside's leather jackets? I know they offer a big line of vest, but they make a lot of jackets too, im really looking to buy a D pocket jacket from them, but don't want to take the risk, and, do they have a store front, i can go in and see thier hide samples?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld