Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new "goldern era" borsalino peter bros hat

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
I got my new borsalino and wear with my silk db suit

6203550763.jpg

Outta Sight!

maintcoder

A-List Customer
A very nice ensemble and the slightly cocked eyebrow provides just the right air of 'I don't care what you think'.

Now to add my voice in the call for details on the hat! :)

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
Thank you guys, its a BORSALINO ALESSANDRIA open crown with a custom 1 3/4 band 2 3/4 brim and shaped into a teardrop with a wide tight pinch, I know people have said borsalino is not as good as it was 70 years ago but this one is much nicer than most of them and it hold up great when I'm in Houston in the middle ofsummertime or in SF when its pouring, sure Art and Optimo, and fedora from adventurebilt make even nicer hats but I know this one was worth every penny and it completely shapeable and my favorite thing is the felt does not get fuzzy like most borsalino's. So heres so more pictures, thanks again, this is the ensemble for every day wear in the summer

6214240115.jpg

6214284939.jpg

Ah, so that's what it is! Those new Borsalinos are kind of hit and miss. If you got a good one, good for you. All but one of mine have held up pretty well, and I haven't given up on that one. One of these years I'll get the proper block and flange and whip that misshapen beast (and a couple of other beaters) back into condition.
I still find the new Borsalinos to be generally superior to what else can be bought off the shelf. Whether they're worth twice as much as a Stetson is often a matter of personal preference and the vagaries of the individual lids. Some swear by Biltmores, but the two I own haven't served me particularly well. And I've yet to come across an Akubra. Seems that nobody around here has ever carried them.
It's good to see a young guy in a proper hat. Now all you'll need is a couple of dozen lids for when you're dressed only to the eights.

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
Tony b I think the Borsalino's now really are a hit and miss even with the same style such as some como's are better than other ones and Roldofo's and Alexandria's are better then other ones and the toughest thing to know is that they are all around the same price range unless you go to beaver. But there are 5 different finishes including a silk finnish somewhat similar to the biltmore Elganza finish. Borsalino's are superiour to most hat brands but if you love traditonal Italian golden era style with quality and price your best bet is a guerra their great. They have more body than Borsalino's but you can still create a tight wide pinch with a bit more pressure. I still love Borsalino's though.

home.htm

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
The suit is made out of 100% italian silk it is literally as light as a hanes t shirt it should be worn in 80+ degrees like houston august weather at it is 4 button double breasted, and yes it is worn often for every day wear in summer but not as often as the hat because this exact hat is worn in any climate every day because it goes with year around and heavier suits and the hat is not heavy or light just a meduim body. The shoes are hand made Gravati AA narrow italian shoes which are as expensive as some of Optimo's hats.

http://www.gravati.it/

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
Sorry the Gravati shoes are B narrow not AA narrow they dramiticly limit my movment they look great and make you walk straight but I can't get on my good foot to some stellar Funk so I don't wear them to dances anymore.

Thats Coooooldblooded!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial