Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Federation

Spellflower

Practically Family
I bought my Fed at The Hattery, and broke it in the next day, hiking in the Blue Mountains. They'd put the foam under the band when I bought it, but by the end of the day, I'd peeled it all out. I've worn it every day I wasn't wearing my other Akubra, my Fedora, and it still fits well.

As for bash, I love seeing all the different Fed pics. I just ran to the bathroom and tried my Fed with the brim down, but it didn't look as good as on you- too cowboy hat for me. Maybe I need to steam the brim and get it into a different shape.

Anyway, enjoy your Fed. It's a great hat.

RBH

Bartender
HamletJSD said:
I've been debating about pics ... guess I figured everyone already knows what a Fed. and a Fedora look like ...
Hey ol' buddy! If there is one thing about this joint... we all like photos!
please post away. My Federation is not like most, I would love to see more of these great fedoras.
Also I have heard alot about the Akubra Fedora, but am not sure I have seen one. Is it like the Stylemaster only without the bound edge?

Spellflower

Practically Family
The Akubra Fedora is kind of like an open crown Stylemaster. It's got a much shorter crown than the Fed, and a 2.5 inch brim, which is unbound. The felt on mine is also much softer than my Fed. I posted some comparison pics a while back. I think the thread was called "Akubra Federation vs. Fedora" or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust