Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Buzz Rickson L2-A

Stand By

One Too Many
Hi guys,

So at last, a couple of months later than I'd hoped, I can present my latest addition: my new Buzz Rickson L2-A.
This is what happens when you watch The Hunters! (Ker-Ching!)

I apologise for the photos - especially after the recent thread with various opinions on how best to take them. These had already been taken by then - using the self-timer on my digital camera and the camera being set carefully on our crooked step ladder for the height, plus some wooden tongue depressors piled beneath the lens to try and get the right angle, so no vertical shots were possible. The shade of the trees in the back yard wasn't ideal, but there it is.

The jacket came to me via Charles at History Preservation Associates. Dealing with him was a total delight and he made doing business a pleasure, I must say.
When the parcel arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find a "suit bag" that had a HPA logo on it and a couple of Buzz Rickson catalogues - a nice touch, I thought.

L2-A#10.JPG L2-A#11.JPG
L2-A#1.JPG L2-A#2.JPG L2-A#3.JPG

The jacket is a size 40, which contrasts slightly to all my other jackets from ELC and my Aero ANJ-3 which are 42. I formerly had a Buzz L2, so I knew the size would be as I wanted.
The jacket is superb - worn over just a t-shirt, it's perfect for a pre-dawn summer dog walk in the woods, and yet, when it warms up a bit, it remains a light and cool layer. Most curious.
The nylon is sublime and the construction is amazing. Yes, it stings a bit when you see the credit card statement, but it is so worth it - you get what you pay for !
And best of all, my girlfriend really likes it and says it's one of her favourites on me !!! Nuff said!

L2-A#8.JPG L2-A#7.JPG L2-A#5.JPG L2-A#4.JPG L2-A#9.JPG

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Stand By said:
The jacket is a size 40, which contrasts slightly to all my other jackets from ELC and my Aero ANJ-3 which are 42. I formerly had a Buzz L2, so I knew the size would be as I wanted.
What size are you in a business suit?
Superfluous said:
Good looking jacket and fit . . . congrats!
Seconded!

Stand By

One Too Many
Great yard, great girlfriend, great jacket!!

Ha!Ha!Ha! Thanks, man! Thanks for the compliments.
And coincidentally, I've just got my first suit in 10 years the other week (what can I say? It's scrubs by day and my jackets after that) - I'll check the size and let you know tomorrow, Doctor.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket! Ideal fit as well BR construction is a cut above. You've reminded that I must get some pics of my Alpha vintage series L2-B up.

Stand By

One Too Many
Great jacket! Ideal fit as well BR construction is a cut above. You've reminded that I must get some pics of my Alpha vintage series L2-B up.

Thanks Sloan … and yes, let's see that L2-B please. It's amazing how this L2-A has piqued my interest in other nylon jackets - an interest that was only passing at best before.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bought a Toys McCoy L-2 last year and just when I thought one nylon jacket is enough.:eusa_clap

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is odd how moreish nylon jackets are. I've got a N3, B15 and L2 of my own, and the other half has taken ownership of my N2 - she just kept borrowing it to the point that I realised 'if people see me wearing it, they're going to think I've borrowed her jacket', so she got it to herself instead.

Stand By

One Too Many
Great fit on you. Dare one ask the price?

The base price was US$430.
But then there was USPS shipping + taxes and duties at my end (groan)… hence the Ker-Ching!
But the sting is temporary and the jacket remains. :)

PS. And thanks for all the compliments, fellas! I appreciate that.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks Thor!
And I see you've changed the photo on your avatar, there … there was water behind you before! And hey, nice ACME Thunderer whistle! ;-)
Cheers, mate!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Never was a nylon fan but I must admit that jacket looks great on you. Closest thing I have is my new B-10. Gotta get around to taking some pics of that. Well done.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael