Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My late 1930's Double Breasted Suit.

metropd

One Too Many
The suit is a Brooks of California. It is 6x2 with a nipped waist and roped shoulders. The color is navy with a
mid-grey chalkstripe and is paired with my mid-grey Gus Miller fedora.

_MG_1973.jpg

_MG_1978.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

_MG_1979.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Those lapels are beautiful! And the high button stance! And the shoulders! :eek:
Great find!
Might I suggest you pair it with a shirt that has a more contrasting stripe, either in thickness or width in between the stripes?

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Please allow me...

Dude, that's a terrific suit. I agree that it cries out for a white shirt and possibly a flashier tie depending on the occasion. I also like the lid on this one.

Click for full splendor.

Mark

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
If you don't mind me asking ... where did you find it? How much? and what size are we looking at?

I never seem to come across a double-breasted jacket that hangs well on me. I think I'm too "barrel-chested". You darn skinny boys always have the best luck with fashion.

Richard

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Great price. But a 36? Damn. I haven't fit into a 36 in 20+ years. :( I'll probably have to shell out some pretty big bucks and have myself fitted and tailored. I doubt I'll ever find anything right off the rack that would fit right.

Richard

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
Baron Kurtz said:
Can't see much except the last pic. Rest are too dark/blurry to make out details.

bk

Agreed.....here is a down and dirty photoshop job done to help reveal the details of the suit. I hope this is helpful to the OP.

Great look!:

2250241433_4af60c7cd9_o.jpg

2251044648_c841e6445a_o.jpg

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
METROPD suit

NICE job, would tend to stick with the dark tie as is. For a chage of pace a 1940's rayon swing cravat would jazz it up!

Solid Citizen ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnat