Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

Belle was rumored to be killed by a man named Edgar Watson who later ended up in the wilds of southwest Florida. There is a 3 book fictional series by Peter Matthieson about Watson's life in Florida.
I have no doubt that Watson is the likely suspect in her death. He was a fugitive from FL on a murder warrant when he came to the Nation & he was a hired hand working for Belle. If it is true that she was killed by her own shotgun she would have known her murderer, & would not have stopped for anyone she didn't know at that hour.

I've been to the cabin site & her grave a couple of times. You have to walk a trail some distance to find it. Today the property is owned by someone said to be a doctor & he has really cleaned it up & improved her gravesite out of respect. I was glad to see that because it was knee deep in weeds the first time I was there. That's not you is it Perry?

I have no doubt that Watson is the likely suspect in her death. He was a fugitive from FL on a murder warrant when he came to the Nation & he was a hired hand working for Belle. If it is true that she was killed by her own shotgun she would have known her murderer, & would not have stopped for anyone she didn't know at that hour.

I've been to the cabin site & her grave a couple of times. You have to walk a trail some distance to find it. Today the property is owned by someone said to be a doctor & he has really cleaned it up & improved her gravesite out of respect. I was glad to see that because it was knee deep in weeds the first time I was there. That's not you is it Perry?
No, I'm a big fan of Old West and Florida history though.:D Been to Little Bighorn, Deadwood, Doc Holliday's grave in Colorado, and Jesse James' cabin. Haven't been to Belle Starr's haunts. Someday I'd like to do a Wild West tour and maybe a Civil War battlefield tour.

I cheated. I bet Benz knew which one was Vaughn.
image.jpeg

No, I'm a big fan of Old West and Florida history though.:D Been to Little Bighorn, Deadwood, Doc Holliday's grave in Colorado, and Jesse James' cabin. Haven't been to Belle Starr's haunts. Someday I'd like to do a Wild West tour and maybe a Civil War battlefield tour.
I'm planning on going back again to Little Bighorn this June for the 140th anniversary. I'd like to stay out long enough to attend the mountain man rondaveu & museum at Pinedale, WY which means I'd have about 10 days to kill in between. If I pull this off I figure I'd go into Billings after Little Bighorn and go to Rand's Hatters. Could be an expensive trip!

I'm planning on going back again to Little Bighorn this June for the 140th anniversary. I'd like to stay out long enough to attend the mountain man rondaveu & museum at Pinedale, WY which means I'd have about 10 days to kill in between. If I pull this off I figure I'd go into Billings after Little Bighorn and go to Rand's Hatters. Could be an expensive trip!
Ohhh, Rand's is nice, I have a couple of his. You may also want to go by Weather Hat Comp, in Sheridan. I have a silverbelly Mountie creased hat from there. Sounds like a fun trip!

A friend of mine is going with me. He has never been before. His great-great uncle was Charlie Reynolds, one of the scouts for Custer. Charlie Reynolds was one of the many casualties.

When I was there before I felt such great sadness for all lives lost not only there but at Sand Creek, etc as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe