Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More and more Men wearing Vintage?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sefton said:
I wouldn't feel too safe wearing anything to nice in "da loin". It can be a little sketchy there...[/COLOR]

I live in 'Da Loin' and its fine. Granted I say above Eddy a lot (Im not stupid). ;)

LD

magneto

Practically Family
Re: San Francisco

There is a fellow of middle age I see in Civic Center/City Hall area all the time this spring and summer doing the full-on Southern Gentleman thing: properly fitted seersucker suit, bow tie, light hat and shoes, etc. That's it for that part of town I've seen, besides the really rare ancient lady creeping from her Tenderloin hotel room to buy a can of milk, decked out like Nita Naldi.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I live in 'Da Loin' and its fine. Granted I say above Eddy a lot (Im not stupid). ;)

LD
I've been through there many times. Yes, it's not all bad/always dangerous. I didn't mean to offend. It's just that I wouldn't feel completely at ease wearing a suit and fedora in those parts. I lived in the Western Addition (lower Haight) for 10 years and had no problems there either. It all depends on how you act and if you respect the people who live there. Pardon...:eek:

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Skinnychik, while someone wearing vingage certainly would not warrant wrecking a car, your comment reminded me of a character from a few years ago.This guy would rollerblade through Denver's 17th Street financial district wearing a tutu. Now that turned some heads! :eek:

Heck, around Denver, there aren't even all that many people wearing cowboy hats anymore.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sefton said:
I've been through there many times. Yes, it's not all bad/always dangerous. I didn't mean to offend. It's just that I wouldn't feel completely at ease wearing a suit and fedora in those parts. I lived in the Western Addition (lower Haight) for 10 years and had no problems there either. It all depends on how you act and if you respect the people who live there. Pardon...:eek:

No need to exscuse yourself, sir, no offense taken. :)

LD

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I haven´t seen many men wearing vintage around not even on events where you´d expect it (but that goes for the women, too). My boyfriend likes 40s suits, but he can´t afford them so we wait for me to do my sewing course and than I might make him a nice essemble if I happen to have any talent. Men in vintage are surely eye-candy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial