Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonbeam 1950's Repro Clocks – Check your Big Lots!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
I would love one of the radio ones. No Big Lots around here though :(

If you don't think you have one near you, check the store locater on their website, http://www.biglots.com! I just discovered that we DO in fact have Big Lots stores here, they're just hidden and I've never seen one. In fact, there's one less than 5 miles from my house!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I will add it to the (already big pile) of housewarming presents I have for you.

I love you too.. !

:D

Desi

Oh shut up! Are you kidding me, Desi? You didn't have to get me nothin'! :eek:

Sunny

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
No one's found a yellow Moon Beam yet eh? I NEED it. :D

Let me know Sunny.
No, Pink, neither yellow nor vanilla at the one I checked last night. There are a couple more stores in the area, though, and I'll definitely put that on my list.

skyvue said:
I like that one, too -- is it showing up at Big Lots, does anyone know?
There weren't any Twilights at mine. I'll see if they're elsewhere. It looks like a Moonbeam, just without the flashing light alarm. Very nice!

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Score!

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've purchased three of these clocks- in different flavors, of course, and I have to say, I really love the way they look. I bought the 1949 Round in Purple/Blue, the 1939 Round Silver, and a Green Moonbeam. I will likely take the 1939 Round Silver to the office and use the other two at home. A nice buy!

Sunny

One Too Many
JohnnyGringo said:
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've purchased three of these clocks- in different flavors, of course, and I have to say, I really love the way they look. I bought the 1949 Round in Purple/Blue, the 1939 Round Silver, and a Green Moonbeam. I will likely take the 1939 Round Silver to the office and use the other two at home. A nice buy!
lol I got a Green Moonbeam and a 1939 Round Silver - which I have, of course, taken to the office. And I'm bound and determined to get a 1936 clock radio or die in the attempt. ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I found a pink one today and am delighted with it. I've done a test of the alarm though, and the alarm does not seem to be accurate! I set the alarm and it went off 3 or 4 minutes late. That said, the sound of the alarm is quite pleasant (I mean, as pleasant as you can get for an alarm clock).

Sunny

One Too Many
FWIW, I just visited another store around me and they had the Twilight! Three of them, all in green. (Unlike the Moonbeam, it comes only in green, I think.) They are also $15.

KittyT said:
I found a pink one today and am delighted with it. I've done a test of the alarm though, and the alarm does not seem to be accurate! I set the alarm and it went off 3 or 4 minutes late. That said, the sound of the alarm is quite pleasant (I mean, as pleasant as you can get for an alarm clock).
That's too bad! Mine worked just fine, I thought. I think the flashing alarm begins 5 minutes before the alarm setting; but I could have misread it. Maybe try adjusting it a smidge. And I agree, the sound is pretty nice. It was a ringing bell, not an electronic beep.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I checked my Big Lots, and they had the Moon Beam, and the 1949 round clock, but only in purple. I was aiming for something silver, so I didn't get either.

The Moon Beam was larger than I expected. Smaller than a breadbox, but larger than the dinky little alarm clocks I'm used to. It's a great idea, especially for light sleepers. Sadly, it takes a lot more to wake me up than a subtle flashing light. :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
My hubby and I went out this weekend and got both the blue Moonbeam, and the big black one. The alarm didn't work on black one though, so we're going to try to exchange it tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers it works out, I really like that black clock.

Sunny

One Too Many
I'm going crazy with these clocks. I finally found the 1939 clock radio, which looks just smashing. It's got a switch on the back so that it'll receive both AM and FM - a nice surprise. Thanks for the tip, Joie; I need to check the alarm. I just have to figure out where to put it, because I also got a 1925 Big Ben:

47611Small.jpg

I really, really like this one. There is no second hand and the alarm setting is on the face. It's smaller than the 1939 Big Ben and just looks so neat and dainty. I'm very happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe