Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monitor's new cafe racer...

BobJ

Practically Family
DSC05549_resize_zpshavytowx.jpg~original

THAT ...is what it's all about.

lol! Waking up to this... Well, I better take it off eBay now, huh. XD

It's an Aero kaff with a bunch of mods.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket and he wears it well, but the juxtaposition of the pic of him wearing the jacket and his avatar, is a bit jarring.
One can dream...

It's not only the Cafe Racer, it's how you wear it!
Exactly! Maybe some day I'll get there...

Exactly! There ain't a jacket on the planet that would make me look that cool. I reckon I will have to settle for the overweight middle-aged weekend poser look.

Details please.
You're already there and beyond man and it's just the power of a CR. Just wait for that Kensington. You'll move the game to another level altogether. The jacket's the only good thing I have, everything else is a $1 store junk... I'd take pride if I actually took an effort of any sort into my wardrobe like most members here do.

As for the details; Top sleeve zips of course, sleeves a bit remodeled so they're narrowed at the wrists (that's strictly for riding), Brooks/BR/J100 kinda deal with the main zip not going all the way to the bottom hem, Hookless main zipper, slanted pockets, brass hardware and um... What else? Right, it was supposed to have a kidney panel like on the Ridley, curved but that got lost as Holy was patiently going thru all the mods with me. I sorta regret it but also not entirely because I really dig the way the back is now.

Also, think I understand now what you mean when you said you didn't like the FQHH. Having handled quite a few Aeros in the past, I thought you must've seen a one off 'cause of how you'd comment on how relentless and heavy this hide is but I get it now. This one's literally 2x anything I have had from then and otherwise, Vanson included. I think it's easily 4 - 5oz. I remember the first thought that ran through my mind when I unboxed it was "that's not supposed to be worn!"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe