Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

PSK123

A-List Customer
Morning all,

Thunderw21 - absolutely love the 2nd photo, just nails everything to a tee really. Really looks fab :D

And Darhling (nice to be able to say it, I say it too much in casual conversation in real life apparently lol ), zaika, BegintheBeguine, Miss 1929, Ms. Valentine, MissS, Alexandra and last but by no means least TessTrueHeart, any particular requests for the next uniform? lol

French Air Force, US Navy, British Infantry, US Enlisted, Austrailian etc etc...take your pick, or think of one totally off the top of your head...I may have it. [huh] :D

I know what you mean about the slightly short sleeves and trouser legs Naama and Darhling, it does give that decidely "vintage" look to things. I grow increasingly fond of it, although I have to as most trousers aren't long enough in the leg anyway lol

Pip.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sir RBH said:
hehe
i knew someone would

the famous "Luton facelift" is a very "Chav" term.. ie, common..
Tis where a lady, no, strike that, girl ( A lady would never do this) ,.. So, a girl has a very tight single ponytail at the back of her hair and has the hair gelled, usually wet look .. the hair is pulled so tightly back it sort of pulls the entire face up.. hence the Luton facelift

You can substitute the word "luton" for any nasty common trailer park type of town!!
vicky.jpg

:eek: lol

MissS

A-List Customer
Pip said:
And Darhling (nice to be able to say it, I say it too much in casual conversation in real life apparently lol ), zaika, BegintheBeguine, Miss 1929, Ms. Valentine, MissS, Alexandra and last but by no means least TessTrueHeart, any particular requests for the next uniform? lol

French Air Force, US Navy, British Infantry, US Enlisted, Austrailian etc etc...take your pick, or think of one totally off the top of your head...I may have it. [huh] :D

Oh, dear me, is it getting hot in here? Thought I'd get in first - pip the gals at the oost, so to speak... (sorry..!)

How about WWII Soviet Army? Or any, actually. Perhaps a new one each day? ;)

PSK123

A-List Customer
MissS said:
Oh, dear me, is it getting hot in here? Thought I'd get in first - pip the gals at the oost, so to speak... (sorry..!)

How about WWII Soviet Army? Or any, actually. Perhaps a new one each day? ;)

I can do the "new one per day", although I'll eventually run out...should easily last until the end of next week though lol

Aww damn, I actually sold most of my Soviet stuff, the only stuff I have left is for one of the Free French Fighter Squadrons which fought on the Eastern Front (Normandie Niemen Fighter Group). They used a mix of French and Soviet uniforms/equipment...I'll see what I can do. Just need the ridings boots to arrive first :eusa_doh:

Should have a new photo for this evening, but off out for the afternoon for a flight in De Havilland Rapide ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Dragon_Rapide) ....but will try and sort one when I get back ;)

Should go in 1930's civilian attire coming to think of it. Bit late to arrange it now. Would've made a nice photo opportunity...doh! lol

Pip

MissS

A-List Customer
Pip said:
I can do the "new one per day", although I'll eventually run out...should easily last until the end of next week though lol

Pip

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

[Edit] BTW, I'm jealous about the De HAvilland. A friend has been promising to take me up in his Yak 52, but the weather has been poop here for it the last few weeks. VIntage civvies or not, pictures please!

zaika

One Too Many
Pip said:

Pip.

us navy sounds promising!

but really...my dear, you can do whatever uniform you wish. i'm sure all of us in your fan club will find it delightful. lol

PSK123

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
Indeed, a handsome lad has joined our midst. Gentlemen, prepare to step up your game.

I'm years behind you chaps, you're all still way ahead. I've a lot to live upto ;)

Just uploading the photos from the De Havilland Rapide btw MissS, absolutely fantastic time. It is sods law however that the day has been lovely, but as soon as I left the house in the car, it started to cloud over lol

Fortunately I have a fairly "fresh red" complexion anyway, so blushing doesn't really show lol :D

PSK123

A-List Customer
Well, here we are...USN

Now I have to say before I post them, these are certainly not my best lol , can't help but feel slightly self-conscious as theres not a lot of ermm...cloth based shape to hide behind. I didn't explain that very well....

Not sure why I'm leaning forward so much either, I promise better for tomorrow :eusa_doh:

Anyhoo here it is:

USN007.jpg

And a slight vintagey feel.

USN014-1.jpg

Whilst not being strictly ontopic...I though that I'd be a bit naughty and pop the De Havilland photos here. Although in link form, as not to take up much room :D

The Rapide itself:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide051.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide055.jpg

Warwick Castle from the air, between the bracing struts of the aircraft:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide032.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide022.jpg

Lots more, may make a thread.

Toodle pip,
Pip

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Pip said:
USN014-1.jpg

Whilst not being strictly ontopic...I though that I'd be a bit naughty and pop the De Havilland photos here. Although in link form, as not to take up much room :D

The Rapide itself:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide051.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide055.jpg

Warwick Castle from the air, between the bracing struts of the aircraft:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide032.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/Rapide022.jpg

Lots more, may make a thread.

Toodle pip,
Pip

AM05buyingguide.jpg

And the plane is beautiful. Also, Warwick is possibly my favorite place on Earth, so thanks for that picture as well. :)

PSK123

A-List Customer
freebird said:
No way can I compete. Good luck guys.

LocktownDog said:
I'm afraid I'm out too. Some of these younger boys can hold up to the female eye better than myself. :rolleyes:

Buy ya a beer, Freebird?

Richard

Don't be ridiculous, you keep going :)

I'll buy you both a beer, but it'll have to be in the UK or Europe (I won't be old enough to purchase in the USA :eek: ) ;)

freebird

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:
I'm afraid I'm out too. Some of these younger boys can hold up to the female eye better than myself. :rolleyes:

Buy ya a beer, Freebird?

Richard

Sounds like a winner to me. Think we'll find a few ladies that likes us old geezers?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Pip said:

Pip

Oh please do! I promise to visit this thread every day then - right now it is only every other day.

Pip said:
And Darhling (nice to be able to say it, I say it too much in casual conversation in real life apparently )

People should say it much more in real life, especially to me! ;)

PSK123

A-List Customer
LadyStardust said:
And the plane is beautiful. Also, Warwick is possibly my favorite place on Earth, so thanks for that picture as well. :)

Oh crikey yes! I absolutely adore Warwick and that area. Just so tranquil and aesthetically pleasing. I'm just annoyed that my photos no way do it justice lol

Darhling said:
Oh please do! I promise to visit this thread every day then - right now it is only every other day.

People should say it much more in real life, especially to me! ;)

Hahaha my pleasure. Thursday may be a little delayed as v.busy. But I shall endeavour to do my best :D

I couldn't agree more with the darling use as well. It's a fantastic word and so endearing. I'm the first to admit I'm ermm...excessively camp haha (makes the world a more friendly place) but I think everyone should use it!

I'm sure you're fed up of hearing the word by the end of each day though ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Pip said:
Hahaha my pleasure. Thursday may be a little delayed as v.busy. But I shall endeavour to do my best :D

I couldn't agree more with the darling use as well. It's a fantastic word and so endearing. I'm the first to admit I'm ermm...excessively camp haha (makes the world a more friendly place) but I think everyone should use it!

I'm sure you're fed up of hearing the word by the end of each day though ;)

it is a marvellous word, especially spoken in a british accent! but no, the only one who calls me darhling (with extra h's) is my fellow vintage girl friend.

Camp is one of the keys to world peace in my opinion - so go on, be camp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld