Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Media coverage could see WW2 memorabilia prices soar!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Notice under guns, it describes a German Mp40 at $3000 but the pic is of an american M1carbine. Its probably not even WWII as it has a bayonet lug.

And under helmets, the falshirmjaegar helmet is described at $600-800. But really a genuine germna paratrooper helmet would be several thousand.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I've collected and dealt in WW2 aviation memorablilia since the early 1980s. They say this every time a new WW2 film comes out. The only time I ever noticed any difference was after Top Gun (not even a WW2 film) when the price of classic flight jackets went ballistic for a while.

Story

I'll Lock Up
McPeppers said:
Lets say American... M1 Abrams

From an online source that's close enough to the Operator's Manual -

Cruising Range M1A1 275 Miles M1A2 265 Miles

# Fuel Consumption A tank will need approximately 300 gallons every eight hours; this will vary depending on mission, terrain, and weather.
A single tank takes 10 minutes to refuel. Refueling and rearming of a tank platoon--four tanks--is approximately 30 minutes under ideal conditions.
0.6 miles per gallon.
# 60 gallons per hour when traveling cross-country
# 30+ gallons per hour while operating at a tactical ideal
# 10 gallons basic idle
# A mine plow will increase the fuel consummation rate of a tank by 25 percent

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
better link

better link for that BizWeek story
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_40/b4003100.htm?chan=search

note in the final lines, it refers to Nazi collectors as kooks.

Anyway, WINDTALKERS didnt do much to stir the prices on USMC items. But if Flag ofOurFathers does well, perhaps we'll see a different result.
But I'm thinking his other film is the one to watch, BlackSandRedSun. That could really spike the prices of say...arisakas.

Alighieri

Suspended
MrBern said:
note in the final lines, it refers to Nazi collectors as kooks.

All things considered, most of us would be considered kooks as well for our passion. I say to each their own and that one should not call others names just because one finds someone elses passion less appealing than their own.

Alighieri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth