Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makeup Ad from the 40's! Check out the eyebrows!

Shearer

Practically Family
Goodie2Shoes said:
So I went and did the eyebrow threading thing...my eyebrows have never looked so good! I love it! They are absolutely perfectly shaped and both of them are exactly the same (trivial but rare for me--lol) I'm a believer now. I have sensitive skin when it comes to eyebrow waxing and I used to have 2 days of red itchy eyebrows. My husband says it looks like a red raccoon mask (men are so sweet aren't they?) but with the threading I had no reaction. Now I don't have to plan 2 or 3 days ahead of time to get my brows fixed up to go out. YEA!! thanks to the girlie who mentioned it....when I get a chance I'll have a pic taken to show everyone. :eusa_clap

Yay, I'm so glad it worked out for you and that you like your new brows! :eusa_clap I was just over in the waxing thread and they're talking about threading over there as well lol

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh 2shoes, hurry and post a pic so we can see! May I ask what they charged you? With threading it's still one hair at a time, right?
Nikki

MissHuff

A-List Customer
ohairas said:
Oh 2shoes, hurry and post a pic so we can see! May I ask what they charged you? With threading it's still one hair at a time, right?
Nikki

With threading they take out a row of hair at a time. I usually pay $10 at the place that I go to... used to be $6 when I started to get them done this way a couple of years ago, it's a lot more popular now.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hmm.. so I guess they knot a line of hairs and then rrrriiiipp, pull the thread like waxing? I just think that is so interesting. I would think you'd have to have very nimble fingers.... I have fat, stubby fingers, lol!
Nikki

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
It's also a good idea, if you're not comfortable with tweezing your eyebrows (especially when it comes to reshaping them!) to go to a professional.
my eyebrows are totaly reshaped from how they used to be...they were straight and big...at first I over plucked (which of course doesn't look good) but then I got these eyebrow stencils from MK and used the right shape as a guide to how to let my brow hair grow in- and where it needs the plucking.
This has worked extremely well.
What I did was trace along it with a bright red lip liner pencil so that there was NO mistaking where the line should be.
For filling in and adding color; I've been incredibly happy with L'oreal's brow pencils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld