Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Make me feel better after sleeping through these two auctions.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
I just thought I'd post this because it made me laugh. Look at the bidding.

That is hilarious. Someone needs to tell mexicanspitfire that eBay automatically increases bids by the minimum increment all by itself!:rolleyes:

Cheers,
JtL

MJL

One of the Regulars
Dumbjaw said:
Royal Stetson in 7 7/8

Stetson Stetsonian in 7 5/8

Tell me everything horrible that you can think of about these hats. I'd appreciate it.
I was the person who won the auction for the Royal Stetson in 7 7/8. Despite what has been said here about this hat I have to say in my defense that beggars cannot really be choosers when you have a 7 7/8 sized head.

To be honest, and I am certain others will back me up on this, this is one of the cheapest bargains I have ever found in this size. When the hat arrives I will report on it....oh and I got a Stetson cowboy hot from the same seller a few minutes after this auction ended. From what I see in the photos the Royal Stetson would benefit from a brushing, vacuming and a wet sponge. Any other issues will reveal themselves when it arrives. I will make a note to report back here with what I find. A large sarcastic thanks to all who were critical of a hat you actually do not have in hand and pissed on my parade!

MattJH

One Too Many
MJL said:
A large sarcastic thanks to all who were critical of a hat you actually do not have in hand and pissed on my parade!

In their defense, I specifically requested that they bash the hats (no pun intended) in order to make me feel better. Regardless of the responses, I still regret literally sleeping through those auctions. When I woke up, my brain turned into an exclamation point followed by a frowning emoticon.

I'm sure the hat will be fine, and just like you said, it doesn't really matter what it is if it's a vintage in 7 7/8 -- you grab it!

MJL

One of the Regulars
Dumbjaw said:
In their defense, I specifically requested that they bash the hats (no pun intended) in order to make me feel better. Regardless of the responses, I still regret literally sleeping through those auctions. When I woke up, my brain turned into an exclamation point followed by a frowning emoticon.

I'm sure the hat will be fine, and just like you said, it doesn't really matter what it is if it's a vintage in 7 7/8 -- you grab it!

No, I am not pissed at all. I just thought I would make a comment about pissing on peoples parade. I am one of those persons who thinks the nasty comment not said is the best way.

As to the original post. I have to say I can certainly empathize with your feelings about this auction. I have seen plenty of hats go beyond my ability to pay for them on ebay. I have also been stung plenty of times with crappy hats that were passed off as something they were not. My favorite are the sellers who cannot seem or will not give a size even when you go to great lengths to explain how it is done. I have a collection of hats ranging from 6 3/4 all the way to 7 3/4 that were sold to me on ebay as 7 7/8 sized hats. When I see something that will fit I get VERY interested VERY quickly. I have been here begging for hats in my size for some time. I am not rolling in cash but I do like nice hats and will try to pick them up when they emerge. Getting good hats in our size or even trying to get manufacturers to make hats in our sizes is not easy. Much of the trick with ebay is getting a collection of search phrases where these hats may be sold. I seem to recall the hat in question was, for some reason, not showing up in some of the conventional searches that I use and was tucked away under some weird heading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe