Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long (double) Riders?

Long Xzip Coats? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I generally spec my jackets to be longer, because I find it odd wearing a tucked in t shirt under a leather jacket, and I don't want to show plumber crack if I bend over since jackets have a tendency fo pulling shirts due to their weight. For my body, that generally means the sleeves and body end aroudn the same area, although lately I have been specing a rear drop rather than having it all long.

Short answer, I prefer it long.

That's what she said.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Multiple Choice Question:
A) 32" Length (on the left, covers 100% arse)
B) 30" Length (on the right, covers 75% arse)
C) Other (specify)

front 32 vs 30.JPG

back 32 vs 30.JPG

Full length open,
IMG_3815.JPG

Side
IMG_3868.JPG

Some additional context, Leather is medium weight soft horsehide, like A2 jacket leather, Horween Vermont. Size is 42 slim (Japanese 44) 22.75" (58cm) P2P, mobility is good.

I first saw it from this Westride version,
IMG_3873.JPG

Just went out for a drive in this and still feels like I could chop off another 2" in length. What do you all think?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Longer works better here. The design makes me think of things like Norfolk jackets and safari jackets, which were suit jacket length, so they cover the rear. The zippered side vents reinforce that belief.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think an important thing is for us to all abandon the "rider" terminology that originates in Japanese people who don't speak English. Case in point: even half belts are "single riders".

Essentially it's an Engrish term for "Single breasted" and "double breasted", which is both more useful and more general.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Multiple Choice Question:
A) 32" Length (on the left, covers 100% arse)
B) 30" Length (on the right, covers 75% arse)
C) Other (specify)

View attachment 642175
View attachment 642176

Full length open,
View attachment 642177
Side
View attachment 642178

Some additional context, Leather is medium weight soft horsehide, like A2 jacket leather, Horween Vermont. Size is 42 slim (Japanese 44) 22.75" (58cm) P2P, mobility is good.

I first saw it from this Westride version,
View attachment 642179

Just went out for a drive in this and still feels like I could chop off another 2" in length. What do you all think?
Love the jacket. Elegant and classy design, but badass all around. I will go with 32 on you. The jacket looks good on you longer. I am not a big fan on the short tight trends. This jacket is not a trend. It is a classic design. Longer coats were a tool back on the day. The way I see it, You are a regular-cut size. I am at the border of short and regular cut. For this jacket, I would go 30" on me because I am shorter than you. Personally, the jacket should be longer. This is not a 30s work jacket. I am a big fan of westside and love their take on their long xzip. It is no secret I love the LW Bedford car coat. I have two of them and one Bulgarian Army officer's coat that looks just like a Bedford in an od color shade. Here is an image of that LW Bedford. Personally, the car coat designs have been forgotten by many.

bedford bulgarian.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael