Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

olive bleu

One Too Many
a6_1.JPG

This is mine. It is not at all ornate, but i have been complimented on it and told it looks vintage because of the numbers on the face.It looks more gold in the pic, but it it actually silver.

I actually took this pic from a google search .apparently this one was sold on e-bay for $5.00. My husband bought mine for me for $179 last Christmas!:(

It is an Anne Klein watch

Lawman

One of the Regulars
Vintage Watches or Retro Look

Guys, becoming ever more eccentric, I would like to add a couple of vintage or vintage look watches to my collection. Interested in round dial, art deco type pieces. Outside of ebay, does anyone have a recommended source?

Thanks.

Mark

moustache

Practically Family
Your favourite watch is...?

Your favourite watch is....?
Show us a photograph of your favourite watch and tell us what makes it so!!!

And IF you could purchase ANY watch,which would it be??

I know we have discussed this before,but hey:Never hurts to chat about it again and show off our purchases and dreams!!!

Here are my two favourites(a tie in this case!):Omega Seamaster and a Hamilton
Navy GMT:
Twinsresized.jpg

I like the Omega for it's simplicity and diving/water abilities and it's construction.The Hamilton for it's World Time function and workmanship.

And if i could own ANY watch,it would be a Breguet Retrograde,Frederique Constant Big date or plain:

BreguetRetroSeconds.jpg

FC-325MC3P6.jpg

FC-305MC3P9.jpg

I'm tempted to sell the Omega for funds on the Frederique.

What about you??What are your favourites?

JD

Barry

Practically Family
Panerai

I just like the way they look. I know someone posted a picture of one once. Paddy maybe?

I think my favorite is the 40mm luminor chrono.

Photo4.jpg

Barry

GregNYC

One Too Many
My favorites

My favorites go back and forth between Panerai and Rolex.

Here are a left-hand and right-hand version of Panerai:

217.wrist.close.jpg

50.wrist2.jpg

And here's what I'm wearing now. This isn't a vintage model, but the Rolex Submariner was actually "born" the same year I was, and James Bond as well. Also, Bond wore one in the movies. And this model is the 50th anniversary model:

lv.wrist2.gif

moustache

Practically Family
Yes

I like the Rolex with the green bezel the best.Although i am not a Rolex fan in gneral,that green bezel does something for me.Maybe because green is my favourite colour??Hmmmm.

JD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My favorite watch is one just given to me from my mom. It belonged to my great grandmother. It's a Le Coutre (?sp) from the thirties with black skinny straps and a platinum and diamond face. It is simply beautiful, and means a lot to me because it's been past down through generations of ladies in my family.
I have a 10 year old Tag Haur that I love. It's such a great reliable watch and even after ten years of nearly everyday use it still looks new. I'm thinking of getting a new one, maybe a dressier one. But, if I'm gonna get a new dressy watch I think it has to be a Rolex. Talk about timeless, classic, and reliable. I think buying one would be a good investment:D

My dream watch would be a platinum lady datejust Rolex with the diamond bezel and diamond's on the face above the numbers. I'd settle for it in white gold or stainless steel for the platinum is a bit pricey!! This is a picture of the watch without the diamond bezel.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
My dream watch would be one actually worn by a Spitfire pilot in WWII. Maybe one worn by a Luftwaffe pilot as well to complete the set. :)
My Luftwaffewatch:
90051.jpg

Not worn by a RAF pilot - but still looking for that Omega RAF fat arrow edition...
L1000968.jpg

US Waltham A11 1943 - hopefully worn by US pilot.

And my daily, everyday watch. IWC Chrono - Spitfire Offcourse:)
Fliegerchronograph_Automatic_Spitfi.jpg

moustache

Practically Family
Wow

Spitfire said:
My Luftwaffewatch:
90051.jpg

Not worn by a RAF pilot - but still looking for that Omega RAF fat arrow edition...
L1000968.jpg

US Waltham A11 1943 - hopefully worn by US pilot.

And my daily, everyday watch. IWC Chrono - Spitfire Offcourse:)
Fliegerchronograph_Automatic_Spitfi.jpg

The IWC Spitfire is a grand watch!! I have drooled over that same watch at my local jeweler.Anything by IWC is splendid,but the Spitfire is exceptional!!
Fortunate man you are!!

JD

moustache

Practically Family
Beautiful!!

Spitfire said:
And it is even the first edition with black display - not made anymore. I love it too.:) Every day.

IWC have been a brand much sought after for years.I would have to save for years to afford one.But who knows:Maybe someday i will find one falling out of the sky from some wayward pilot!!

JD

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Fossil Watches

For a while they went for the plain old bland chrome and a circle look which is the same old same old in my eye. They hit the world hard when they were introduced bearing the look of clasically style intricate old school watches. I liked that look hough when i wanted one of their watched they went to the hunk of digital look

Now they are back.

FS4239.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe