Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's build me a perfect Aero MC jacket

Dear Loungers! It won't be long now till Aero is to start making my jacket so, before it's too late, could anyone who's had more experience with Aero's MC jackets range and their customization (and riding in general) please help me out a little by recommending which lining would be perfect for this style of jacket? I found the standard issue cotton drill lining quite sufficient for the cold weather here where I reside, but I'd be more than happy to hear your opinion and suggestions regarding the matter.

Seeing as how the jacket is in FQHH, I've decided to go with Aero hardware instead of Talon. Good idea, or..?

Aero's sale/used page would list some really awesome customizations done to these jackets from time to time - like that one with side laced gussets for example, gorgeous jacket - but most of these jackets are gone right now, so I was wondering, did anyone here had something similar done on their MC jackets that isn't part of a standard offer? I'd like this jacket to be that perfect one (yeah, I know there's no such thing :) but I'm sort of out of ideas what else to throw in that would make it a little more unique. Don't want to be mistaken for a metalhead simply because I'm wearing the same jacket, so this is more of a question for resident vintage leather MC jacket gurus - what else could be done to the jacket that'd make it look (and fit) ever more like it's from the 30's, 40's, 50's, etc.?

For example, I'm contemplating lowering the belt all the way down as I know it used to be much lower than it is today, plus I really dislike the flared waist that appears if you fasten it too much. . . But what do you think, what would be a perfect length for this type of jacket? How long did it used to reach back in the days?

I'm just looking for some suggestions, anything you can think of that you wish your jacket had, something that you'd want custom done on your jacket that you know Aero's willing to do - that sort of thing. Just some basic help, tips and ideas that'll help me get the jacket that would finally end my quest. Let's build the damn thing together!

Thanks! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun