Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee of 5th Avenue.

Mike S.

New in Town
I did a search to no avail, so I must ask if anyone has info on the company Lee of 5th Avenue? I'm particularly interested in finding out how far back this maker dates, and what models they produced etc.

I've discovered a dandy pecan brown fedora that looks to be a mix of fur and wool felt, with brim binding and hat band in matching grosgrain. The lining and ribbon fibers are natural silk (did a burn test on strands from both to help determine age, and neither are synthetic) Very thick, pliable felt. but unfortunately the hat is too small for my massive noggin. :(

I collect hats for display as well for wearing, so I had to snatch it up for a song anyway. It is very identifiable as a 1930's style of fedora, but is in such good condition (only slight wear on the sweat band, and a wee insect nibble under the brim) I doubt it dates to that decade.

Mike S.

New in Town
Many thanks Lefty. I wonder why this didn't come up when using the on site Search feature (does this site allow tagging?)?

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe