Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leather jackets with a still-reasonable used market?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Wait really? A lost world market from Japan is of a lower quality than one for the US market? I have one and I didn't notice it being much worse except maybe the zipper was different. Stuart, the paragon of quality is deliberately selling inferior goods? He should be ashamed
I think he meant (my recollection) a hit or miss situation with LW Japan, with samples floating around that were of inferior quality. I also had a LW suede trucker out of the Japanese line which was built like a tank. But I would hesitate now to buy LW from there.

I think he meant (my recollection) a hit or miss situation with LW Japan, with samples floating around that were of inferior quality. I also had a LW suede trucker out of the Japanese line which was built like a tank. But I would hesitate now to buy LW from there.

That’s it.

Everything about the gear is quality, except imo the hide. Even Stuart sells it for considerably less.

cbez

One Too Many
That’s it.

Everything about the gear is quality, except imo the hide. Even Stuart sells it for considerably less.
I think we'd have to compare equivalent samples from the US market, 15-20 years old like most of the used japanese ones.

There's also the fact that there are jackets he made for japanese brands like Evisu, and then just regular line jackets ordered by individuals in Japan.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
So, a new stock Aero/bilt is circa 800-1000$ and it's made to fit your body.
Yet, I see ebayers pricing their used Aero jackets with often bad zippers and faults, for 650-750$ and THEY SELL!
Schotts have a much better used market for newcomers, but are limited to black jackets.

Where I come from - you don't save a hundred bucks off the new price only to have a used jacket with non-optimal measurements (but that's just me) That tells me the Aero used market is too hot to strike actual good deals in. Kind of like used cars in Corona times

Is there a nice unknown maker that I can keep an eye out for? I am talking the 100-250$ area with reasonable thickness, perhaps made in India/Vietnam/eastern block

Styles I like are as smooth as possible, like an Aero Sheene, or a Schott 689 that I have. (One piece front, no cross-stitches on the chest etc)
Branded garments , Natal/Natel, Kerr leather, Walter Dyer all made stupendous leather jackets that sell for less than $100 to sometimes up to $200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246