Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Jacket makers in the EU

Olumin

Familiar Face
Ive been looking at leather jackets for a little while now and am planning to eventually order a long Half belt by Aero in tobacco badalassi. I like their authentic fuller cuts and the fact they make slightly longer jackets. Details like the angled cuffs & back gussets are something I appreciate too.

But before I do: Are there any EU based makers that offer anything close to what Im looking for? I would be ordering the Aero through a EU importer, but the wait time & price increase due to customs are still non-trivial. If there are any EU makers that produce something in a similar quality and style (& in a similar price range), I would love to know before I pull the trigger.

What else is out there? Thanks in advance.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Not much out there as far as I can tell, yeah.
Avi leathers, not made in EU though.
One incredible maker in DE but the pricing is also very steep.
Also there's Noble House in DE but they are very sketchy in my opinion, would rather avoid. Also unlikely that their jackets are EU made.

Quite a few options in UK obviously.

Olumin

Familiar Face
Thanks all. So far Aero still seems like the most attractive option to me.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
@Olumin
Check out Rugged West as well. A rather new player in the game, but might be worth considering. A few loungers already got a jacket from them (her) and seem to be very pleased with it. I'm personally waiting for a Type 1 in Brown Pullup Bison for my wife from them.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Shangri-la maybe? They have models in Badalassi leather.

https://shangrilaheritage.it/product-category/mens-collection/

I like their Varenne jacket, however it’s not cheap in Badalassi.

shangri-la-heritage-varenne-olmo-badalassi-leather-jacket-front.jpg

shangri-la-heritage-varenne-olmo-badalassi-leather-jacket-back.jpg

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Les motocyclettistes in France

Wildfang in Germany

Both more expensive than Aero though.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Strong vote for Les Motocyclettistes too. Incredible jackets and immaculate execution.

Where are you based?

Olumin

Familiar Face
Strong vote for Les Motocyclettistes too. Incredible jackets and immaculate execution.

Where are you based?
Germany.

Ive looked at the website and the quality looks great, but none of the patterns they make really grab me.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Germany.

Ive looked at the website and the quality looks great, but none of the patterns they make really grab me.

You can reach out to „Kentaurus“ in Cologne. They donation Les Moto, and the owner has personal connections. He’s very helpful too. If you are in the region, the shop is definitely worth checking out.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Even if they don't offer MTO leather jackets, the guys from Stuff Düsseldorf are very friendly and helpful. I bought several leather jackets from them and they collaborate with some Italian clothing (also leather jacket) makers. They do have a lot of leather jackets in their shop (Japanese, US, Europe).

Burgundschild.com in Berlin are also quite nice

https://stuf-f.com/

Olumin

Familiar Face
I just couldn't get the Strizzi by Whitefeather out of my head, so Ive contacted them and asked to send me a sample piece of their russet Goatskin they use for this jacket. It looks good in the pictures & the colour is exactly what I wanted. Ive read good things about Goatskin.

They said its veg tan and just under 1mm thick. I wanted a jacket that feels somewhat substantial, hence why I originally looked at Horsehide or Steerhide. Ive read goatskin is softer then HH or SH & with less break in.

What can I expect from veg tan goatskin of this thickness in a jacket? Will it feel "substantial" enough, or might it feel too "flimsy"? No personal experience with Goatskin myself yet.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Personally I think that 1mm goat would be on the "flimsy" side, but tanning methods influence stiffness and veg tan leather tends to be stiffer. Goat does have a lot going for it though, there are a lot fans on TFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom