Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket Fur (mouton) collar attachment pattern.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Updated: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/mouton-collars-and-other-items.106212/#post-2875379

IMG-5064c (1).jpg

IMG-5066c (1).jpg

IMG-5068c (1).jpg

IMG-5067c (1).jpg

IMG-5065 (1).jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Al 916

One Too Many
There seems to be a nice supply of ladies coats on ebay UK with detachable eyebrows.
The good Doctor thinks I am mad *(generally) but she puts up with me....(so far).

I will read through this thread in detail.

Thanks
Al

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
There seems to be a nice supply of ladies coats on ebay UK with detachable eyebrows.
The good Doctor thinks I am mad *(generally) but she puts up with me....(so far).

I will read through this thread in detail.

Thanks
Al

Please remember is important to download the link to make a uniform graph. This way we can document the particular duplicated collar.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Friends here is a nice mid 40's to early 50's mouton jacket @https://www.thefedoralounge.com/members/jeo.17711/. It is currently on a durable. However, it might not be original to the jacket. View attachment 607579
View attachment 607580
View attachment 607581
View attachment 607582
View attachment 607583

Excellent detail images of all vital parts of the collars. I truly thank you for taking the time for contributing to the tread. If is possible, to send images using the graph paper? The graph paper allows for viewers to make an accurate recreation of the original.

Thanks again.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Mouton coller of another 50s cycle champ which arrived last week.
The basic construction looks same to another one I posted before.

One leather flap come off... leather and mouton conditions are good.

View attachment 482233 View attachment 482234 View attachment 482235 View attachment 482237
Master class in how to represent the collar using the graph. Both front and rear on the graph. Photographing the collar on the jacket is sweet. I must say, your cycle champ is the fifth different I have seen. All five have a very different D pocket. Perhaps there are more?

Bonasera

One of the Regulars
Master class in how to represent the collar using the graph. Both front and rear on the graph. Photographing the collar on the jacket is sweet. I must say, your cycle champ is the fifth different I have seen. All five have a very different D pocket. Perhaps there are more?
All fur collars I have are the 2 cycle champs and cal.
Do you want me to post the cal one?

Perphaps cycle champs were made
by several makers, so other a bit different shaped D pocket may exsist even if they are same model or era.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
All fur collars I have are the 2 cycle champs and cal.
Do you want me to post the cal one?

Perphaps cycle champs were made
by several makers, so other a bit different shaped D pocket may exsist even if they are same model or era.

Currently, I only have 3 original HD d pocket cycle champ types. What makes sense back in the day, production efficiency was vital for the bottom line of the company. For this reason, present day producers like Scott and others use pieces that are uniform regardless of what size the jacket's size is. No company wants to reinvent the wheel of production if the bottom line does not interfere negatively with profits. You can clearly see how some companies began to cut corners with lining and construction methods as the years progressed. I believe the Cycle Champ was a result perhaps jacket sales and a combination of production methods and leather cost. Back in the day, a thin, supple HH was a very desirable feature in leather jackets.

I believe that processing such leather is much more expensive than the thicker and stiffer HH. That is the reason the cycle king was replaced with a simpler and easier to produce cycle champ. My favorite HD jacket is the cycle king, produced in the late 40s. The cycle champ Elvis is a very close second. However, I have seen two different Elvis cycle champs and they are different. I have the one Elvis wore in the famous enthusiast magazine.

Personally, I believe Vanson has been making several variations of the cycle king. I have two different ones. The latest production is great and a good value for the money. However, their second production of cycle king was not as good as their first.

Friend, I truly welcome additional images of your cool jackets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1