Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Key words for eBay searches

MCrider

A-List Customer
jtrenalone said:
I am going to keep a look out on the classifieds here on the board, as I am a 7 3/8, so fewer to find,
Thanks Again to all,
Joel

Ah-hah! Now the truth comes out. He's the same hat size as many of us and was looking to steal our hard won prizes! LOL Truthfully I haven't found a 7 3/8 under any of my "secret words" that doesn't have the price driven up at the last minute by those who either don't have common sense or (more probably) a lot more money than I have.

Happy hunting though, because as we all know when you find that one deal at a great price, it makes it all worthwhile.

blixa00

One of the Regulars
You can do a little research on FL and look at the listings for all of the lovely items won by members...you may start to see some common words in the listings that you can use to search for the next time around! I will say that Ebay can be a bit of a gamble at times (sizing and condition issues abound) so ask lots of questions before bidding! Maybe you will be the lucky winner of the next "100% wool Stedson Whipet" that gets mis-listed on Ebay!!lol

KY_RudeBoy

Familiar Face
I always do at least one search with my size in the criteria, such as "fedora 7 1/2" or "fedora 7.5". It's really disappointing when I see a great looking hat only to find that it is a size 7. Darn you small heads! :)

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Don't forget "Stetsin", "Resistole" and "fadora". I also see a lot of Adam hats that are listed as "Adams" even though you can see clearly in the picture that there's no "s".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe