Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith Richard's fedora

bennyboyca

New in Town
Looking for a Johnny Depp/ Keith Richards style Fedora. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum.... I am after a nice fedora, I like the ones that Johnny Depp wears (wide brim, tall crown, beat up...) I also like the tan coloured one with a raw edge that Keith Richards has been seen wearing. I have been on eBay.com and eBay.co.uk to try and find something similar but had no luck at all. Can anyone tell me if there are any places that I might be able to find one similar to the ones I have described???? I cand afford anything too expencive and I'm in the UK so would have to be shipped.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

bennyboyca

New in Town
Is the Borsalino Como THE CLOSEST MATCH to Johnny Depp's fedora??

Hi guys, I am after a fedora as close to Johnny Depp's as possible, I love everything about it, the wide brim, the tall C crown, the shape.... I have looked online and up to now, the Borsalino Como is the closest I've found but as I dont know much about fedoras, I figured you guys could help me. How close would you say it is to his and are there any others that are a closer match? Here is a picture of Depp's fedora:

Hats

http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Johnny+Depp/-9EhTnp7XLJ/Hats

And here is a picture of the Borsalino Como:

B004D523F8.htm

http://delmonicohatter.net/B004D523F8/M/B004D523F8.htm

Thanks in advance guys.

Benny.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Not really a close match, imo - the Como seems to be a shorter crown and doesn't have the bound edge that Depp's hat does. Plus, iirc, all of Depp's hats are vintage, so you're unlikely to find the same hat anywhere except eBay. -M

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The Borsalino Alessandria is the closest...IIRC, Depp's is a vintage Alessandria.

Ooops, I thought you were talking about the brown hat....

Art Fawcett has done a clone of the grey hat, but his prices are at $400 now I believe?

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
I have no idea what the ratty hat is on Depp's head but the Borsalino Como looks like a beauty. He can afford a better one than that.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I have no idea what the ratty hat is on Depp's head but the Borsalino Como looks like a beauty. He can afford a better one than that.

Depp appears to really like hats and you see him over and over ... through a series of years ... wearing some of the same ones. I wonder if they just are favorites, even though he obviously can afford any hat he wants .... wouldn't that stink?:)

Sam

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
yes yes yes

Not that hat. That one is definitely not an Alessandria. I don't think we pinned down what it was, but it shares most of its features with the Whippet. The brown one is the Alessandria, I would love to have one that matched that hat.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
You might want to check into the "design a hat" at thefedorastore.com, they have customizable Beaver Brand hats that you can specify a wide brim on, and then it's just a matter of whether or not they have the silver ribbon in stock. That is, if you did not want to go for a full custom.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Adam deluxe

I have a vintage Adam Deluxe in my collection. It is the closest fedora I have seen yet to what Johnny Depp is wearing. High crown. Bound edge. Brim 2 5/8" app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld