Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I will try and get some pics of the hat up this weekend.

Has everyone watched or will be watching the season finale of Justified: City Primeval?
No pics of the RG 100% Beaver Baron yet??
Or did i miss it?
I really want to see a $1200 Baron hat!!
It must be amazing.
I can’t imagine.
Let’s see it!!
B

Movie2099

New in Town
Sorry this took so long to post. Finally took pictures of the Baron RG hat.

Hat1.jpeg
Hat2.jpeg
Hat3.jpeg
Hat4.jpeg

Hat5.jpeg
Hat6.jpeg

RickP

Practically Family
Justified was one of my favorites.... A few years back when I was clearing out my Dads house in Knoxville, I found one of his old hats.. A semi cheap 3x Master Hatters of Texas Cattleman from Cavendars with a 4 1/4" brim. It was in the bottom of a box with an old VCR and a half dozen pair of boots on top ( can you say crushed?) It was also a 6 7/8 and Im halfway between a 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. Since it was unwearable as-is but had sentimental value I went to work. Cut the brim down to 2 7/8", did some serious cleaning, followed by some serious steaming, stretching, straightning and shaping. Now it fits and does get worn in cooler weather.. pairs well with denim. Couldnt find a decent replica hatband, so I threw this little braided one on. I work with leather and have a couple nice sterling hatband buckle sets that will be perfect. Made up a pattern template for what should be really close copy of Raylan's hatband. Plans are the next time I run out of things to do, Ill tool and stitch up a proper copy. As it is, its a real thick, super stiff felt, so Im debating giving it a denatured alcohol bath and see if I can loosen it up just a bit. Its not a perfect clone, but it was inspired by the show hat and its now living its second useful life

Compress_20240602_114727_7047.jpg

james283126

New in Town
Justified was one of my favorites.... A few years back when I was clearing out my Dads house in Knoxville, I found one of his old hats.. A semi cheap 3x Master Hatters of Texas Cattleman from Cavendars with a 4 1/4" brim. It was in the bottom of a box with an old VCR and a half dozen pair of boots on top ( can you say crushed?) It was also a 6 7/8 and Im halfway between a 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. Since it was unwearable as-is but had sentimental value I went to work. Cut the brim down to 2 7/8", did some serious cleaning, followed by some serious steaming, stretching, straightning and shaping. Now it fits and does get worn in cooler weather.. pairs well with denim. Couldnt find a decent replica hatband, so I threw this little braided one on. I work with leather and have a couple nice sterling hatband buckle sets that will be perfect. Made up a pattern template for what should be really close copy of Raylan's hatband. Plans are the next time I run out of things to do, Ill tool and stitch up a proper copy. As it is, its a real thick, super stiff felt, so Im debating giving it a denatured alcohol bath and see if I can loosen it up just a bit. Its not a perfect clone, but it was inspired by the show hat and its now living its second useful life

View attachment 618367
Looks great man! Here’s an exact replica (cheap too!) https://www.cavenders.com/twister-brown-basket-weave-leather-hatband/0234648.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld