Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jorge Avalos still the man to see for a suit?

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
It's been a while since Matt had his suit made by Jorge Avalos and I was curious if he still is the resident expert to see in the Los Angeles area
(or San Diego etc) for a vintage cut suit?

I'm still debating if it will be single or double breasted, but I've basically reached my limit with off the rack suits that don't fit properly.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Robert Conway

Barry

Practically Family
This is slightly off topic...the tailor I'm asking about is in Chicago.

Does anyone know about Paul Chang's suits? A former member of the lounge praised his work. Chang tailored sits for the Road to Perdition.

Barry

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Resortes.

Every second hepcat in Sydney has been wondering for the last 6 years (when RCR first toured here) where those amazing suits came from!

flat-top

Benny Holiday said:
Is this the fellow who makes Eddie Nichol's Hollywood suits?
I'm pretty sure that the fabulous Savoia from NY made some of Eddie's suits as well! I was with Eddie at the Las Vegas airport a few years ago, and our luggage was never showing up. He was grumbling about a $1000 suit being in one of his bags, I suspect that was the Savoia one!

Benny Holiday

I hope he got the suit back!

Losing a $1,000 suit's gotta hurt!

Those guys always look sharp, especially Mando and Eddie. Mando told me once he found a shop that sold long-collared business shirts here in Sydney, but he couldn't remember where it was. I wondered where it was, until I clicked that it must have been the sadly over-priced Skin Deep!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun