Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers Kangaroo Cafe Racer Jacket

Damo

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket. Sounds like the kangaroo hide would make a decent summer riding jacket.

Peacoat

Bartender
Very nice YKurtz. Agree with your decision to add the slash pockets. Much more practical than the chest pockets. I too have had good experiences in working with Alan. With the fit jacket approach, most of the guesswork is taken out of the equation.

Last edited:

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Congrats. I never thought about kangaroo leather. As the search function will show you, I'm one of Alan's biggest fans (and I learned about him on FL). I'm not sure about the light weight. More bulk and weight (up to a point) gives a perception of protection I think, even if the hard facts would disprove it. Also is Kangaroo a lot more expensive? Did you have a choice of colors if you wanted something other than black? Do you plan, at some future time, to get another JL in a different style? If so, what design?

Talked to Alan today and he mentioned that kangaroo is available in dark brown, medium brown, tan and burgundy.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
If you're getting it for riding, I recommend going for the Forcefield NeT Upgrade Armor. It's thinner than the traditional and molds better. Given the lighter weight of the Roo and the thinner hide, this armor works better IMHO. It's less noticeable while on also.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
If you're getting it for riding, I recommend going for the Forcefield NeT Upgrade Armor. It's thinner than the traditional and molds better. Given the lighter weight of the Roo and the thinner hide, this armor works better IMHO. It's less noticeable while on also.

Good info for riders. It seems light enough without looking flimsy, where one could wear it in warmer weather like you mentioned. Good to know it comes in tan. I'm stuck between the Aero ****** jacket which no longer is available in tan steerhide, or perhaps a custom from Johnson in this hide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82