Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Nobert

Practically Family
"Great Pumpkin Waltz" is one of my favorite of the Guaraldi Peanuts specials songs. By coincidence, I've just been rereading Schulz and Peanuts, the Schulz bio that came out a few years ago. Charles Schulz didn't even like jazz, but had the savvy to see that Guaraldi's music fit the mood for the Christmas special he was working on with Lee Mendhelson and Bill Melendez, and it just kind of took off from there.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving to air on Thanksgiving night at 8pm on ABC. It's my least favorite of the Holy Trinity, but a must watch nonetheless.

Espee

Practically Family
800 to 830 on Halloween night-- that's a good airtime for most people to miss it completely, or else have it interrupted two dozen times.
At least in temperate regions...

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Hey flat-top. Every time I look at your avatar it reminds me of myself in the photo below, taken when I was about 3 or 4 years old.

775127_10152479457130077_1478303156_o.jpg

vintageTink

One Too Many
I got the whole combo (Christmas special. Thanksgiving and Great Pumpkin) on DVD. I know, I cut out the middle man, but hey, I get to watch them any time I want now, commercial free :D

LD
:eusa_clap

Oooo, this is always great to catch on the telly.

Some things are just better on t.v. like,

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Life and Times of Santa Claus
That Twas the Night Before Christmas with the mouse family and of course
Frosty the Snowman. Great fun!
Don't forget the Rankin-Bass Christmas shows. I love those!

800 to 830 on Halloween night-- that's a good airtime for most people to miss it completely, or else have it interrupted two dozen times.
At least in temperate regions...
DVR is a wonderful thing. We live in a small mountain community and will have to record it. I missed it last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88