Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart Nagoya

Colin G

One Too Many
I'm in Nagoya and went to the Iron Heart shop a couple hours ago. Really nice little shop and buying from an Iron Heart shop instead of mail ordering to Canada is much less. Paid about $275 CAD for a pair if 14oz 777 jeans that are $470 from Iron Heart International.

Figured I would post a few pics for those interested. Akira was a nice fella to deal with and shortened my jeans on the spot for no charge. There was also a really sweet old Iron Head there.

I thought about going to Langlitz Nagoya to check out some leather riding pants but can't afford them right now so I am not going. I already own a Langlitz jacket so no point in tempting myself further with stuff I want but don't need.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2001.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2001.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 47
  • thumbnail_IMG_2002.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2002.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 47
  • thumbnail_IMG_2003.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2003.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 48
  • thumbnail_IMG_1997.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1997.jpg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 46
  • thumbnail_IMG_2005.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2005.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 51
  • thumbnail_IMG_1998.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1998.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 48
  • thumbnail_IMG_1999.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1999.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Iron Heart International really pushed hard to make themselves basically the exclusive distributors other than some other select denim stores that charge similar prices. They also made it so none of the stores that sell Iron Heart domestically in Japan can ship to international customers. Prices are basically double, it's nuts.

Their service was splendid when I dealt with them once but the prices are really too high for me.

Thank you for sharing the pics, I wasn't able to visit any of their stores while I was in Japan so it's nice to see it!

Colin G

One Too Many
I bought an IH shirt at Hinoya in Osaka on my first trip. It was much cheaper buying from them than IH international but you are correct, they can't sell online, just from their brick and mortar shops.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Iron Heart International really pushed hard to make themselves basically the exclusive distributors other than some other select denim stores that charge similar prices. They also made it so none of the stores that sell Iron Heart domestically in Japan can ship to international customers. Prices are basically double, it's nuts.

Their service was splendid when I dealt with them once but the prices are really too high for me.

Thank you for sharing the pics, I wasn't able to visit any of their stores while I was in Japan so it's nice to see it!

It’s a really disgusting enterprise which doesn’t get the heat it deserves.

Basically some reseller labelled itself “Iron Heart UK” and then strong armed Iron Heart into giving them a monopoly on all foreign sales, including from other foreign shops, so Giles and co get their margin no matter where outside of Japan you buy it.

The only way I’d buy Iron Heart is in Japan. Not giving those guys a penny. And even then I probably wouldn’t buy them lest I look like part of Giles's “Iron Heart Army” cult. They actually kicked out one of their biggest customers (Superfluous who was on here as well) because he advised IHUK on their forum against an unscrupulous business partner, whilst praising Giles, and even this was seen as too much questioning of the Great Leader.

Observe

One Too Many
It’s a really disgusting enterprise which doesn’t get the heat it deserves.

Basically some reseller labelled itself “Iron Heart UK” and then strong armed Iron Heart into giving them a monopoly on all foreign sales, including from other foreign shops, so Giles and co get their margin no matter where outside of Japan you buy it.

The only way I’d buy Iron Heart is in Japan. Not giving those guys a penny. And even then I probably wouldn’t buy them lest I look like part of Giles's “Iron Heart Army” cult. They actually kicked out one of their biggest customers (Superfluous who was on here as well) because he advised IHUK on their forum against an unscrupulous business partner, whilst praising Giles, and even this was seen as too much questioning of the Great Leader.
Interesting tidbit. Didn't realize this was the case. I've bought several things from IH International and their service has always been great, but considering the markup I guess it damn well better be. Kinda over IH stuff anyway as I'm out of the heaviest everything phase of the denim/leather game.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting tidbit. Didn't realize this was the case. I've bought several things from IH International and their service has always been great, but considering the markup I guess it damn well better be. Kinda over IH stuff anyway as I'm out of the heaviest everything phase of the denim/leather game.

This is the thing. Many of my friends are avid buyers and cite the customer service but if you are selling something for double its actual retail price, then you can afford to give all the service in the world. Like the flippers who sell Rolexes at double MSRP will have the thing overnighted to you.

cbez

One Too Many
I'm wearing my used pair. Came looking brand new, already chain stitched, from japan for like 100$.

I get a lot of compliments and people asking where to buy them, but retail prices are insane for a pair of jeans both in Japan and intl.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing my used pair. Came looking brand new, already chain stitched, from japan for like 100$.

I get a lot of compliments and people asking where to buy them, but retail prices are insane for a pair of jeans both in Japan and intl.
Same with me. I have two pairs of IH canvas chinos - in navy and white. Both bought used for about $150 apiece, both built like tanks of heavy (yet soft), canvas. Buying new from the overpriced monopolist just did not make any sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markjames