Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IRISH forum members

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brian...

...I'll give you a bell tomorrow (Tuesday) with final details and arrangements, timings..etc. I'm hoping you'll do me the honour of whipping this beard off without turning me into a pork pie!! Ol' Sweeney!!l also have grown the hair far too long for my liking, so see what magic you can work, and we'll get plenty of photos for the blogg and the members here.

Can't wait to see you guys again. Regards, Paddy.

Great craic!

I hope you all have a fabulous time! And we're looking forward to pictures!

Oh dear, this time of year especially makes me long to be in Ireland again - it's been about 4 or 5 years now. But if anyone wants to swing by Arizona and stow me in your luggage, I'd go back in a heartbeat!! Trouble is, you'd never get me to leave this time....

Eire cronaím thú

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Mr. 'H' said:
Miss Golightly, if you're around.

Oh, and Betty, I'm not sure if "A Vintage Fashion Crafting" is on the Lounge but she may come in....

How exciting!!! A drinkette would be lovely, where are you planning on going for drinks? I'll message vintage crafty fashionista and see if shes around :)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Sounds good!

Will you email/PM me your number Betty?

Hey Paddy - here's one for ol' times sake....

LondonFedoraLoungeGathering043-1.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Alexi said:
gaw I forgot how bad Shane Mcgowens teeth are. I met him in a Bar in Somerville Ma once. He had been bared from a flight out of Logan for being drunk. I

At the March 10, 2006 show at DC's 9.30 Club ( I think it was 'pre-tour', first show after they re-formed), someone next to me yelled in shock "HE'S WALKING!" when McGowen rolled out under his own power. lol

Maguire

Practically Family
bettydarling said:
Ronnie Drew had the best speaking voice so distinctive, such a quintessential Dub. He actually grew up in the village I live in, beside a bigger town called Dun Laoghaire. I just did a post on my blog, some old vintage postcards of the area.
I've got a picture of my father with John Sheehan somewhere here.

In any case i'll be posting from Ireland starting in February. Haven't decided whether or not i'll take my fed IV,.. i may just stick to flatcaps over there. If anything is done in the west of the country i may have to step in, but i'm trying to avoid dublin.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
bettydarling said:
How exciting!!! A drinkette would be lovely, where are you planning on going for drinks? I'll message vintage crafty fashionista and see if shes around :)

I would have loved to come and meet you all but I'm expecting at the moment so keeping a pretty low profile! I hope you all have a fantastic time (no doubt you will!) - let us know how your evening goes! ;)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Mr. 'H' said:
:eusa_clap

Congratulations Miss Golightly! Is it your first? I have 2 boys aged 2 and 3!

Thanks so much Mr H! Yes - this is our first so all very exciting! The time is just racing in at this stage and thank God I have been well throughout so far - makes all the difference in the world!

Two boys - I'd say you have your hands full there!

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
New to the forum so figured I'd join in. I'm Belfast born and bred, north side of the city, Ballysillan area. Went to school at Methody. Have been living in the States for the last 5 years. Good to see some other Irish people who like hats.

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Maguire said:
I've got a picture of my father with John Sheehan somewhere here.

In any case i'll be posting from Ireland starting in February. Haven't decided whether or not i'll take my fed IV,.. i may just stick to flatcaps over there. If anything is done in the west of the country i may have to step in, but i'm trying to avoid dublin.

Avoid Dublin Maguire? Surely not! Not your cup of tea? If you are in Dublin at all, I'm sure some of us Dubliners could suggest some places visit or bring you out on the tiles :)

byronic

One of the Regulars
Do I qualify for membership?

I'm british born, with an Irish father, Anglo-Scots mother, I lived on the west coast of ireland for 12 years, and I hold both British and Irish passports.

Maguire

Practically Family
bettydarling said:
Avoid Dublin Maguire? Surely not! Not your cup of tea? If you are in Dublin at all, I'm sure some of us Dubliners could suggest some places visit or bring you out on the tiles :)
Part of getting away from NYC is getting away from cosmopolitan city life and the like, i just can't stand it. When I'm in NYC its not as bad but once i'm not i kind of realize what I'm missing and try to avoid being in big cities at all costs. Even cities like Limerick, Cork, or Ennis kind of get me down when i'm there, i can't even imagine what Dublin would do to me. Give me small villages like Foynes, Shanagolden, and the like. I appreciate your challenge though.

That said, give me Newcastle West or a town like that and i'm quite happy. Its just small enough to be quaint and large enough to have the good aspects of urban development.

byronic

One of the Regulars
Maguire said:
Part of getting away from NYC is getting away from cosmopolitan city life and the like, i just can't stand it. When I'm in NYC its not as bad but once i'm not i kind of realize what I'm missing and try to avoid being in big cities at all costs. Even cities like Limerick, Cork, or Ennis kind of get me down when i'm there, i can't even imagine what Dublin would do to me. Give me small villages like Foynes, Shanagolden, and the like. I appreciate your challenge though.

That said, give me Newcastle West or a town like that and i'm quite happy. Its just small enough to be quaint and large enough to have the good aspects of urban development.
Hmmmm..... i'm intrigued that you mention Foynes and Shanagolden- my father is from that area, I take it that you visited The Flying Boat Museum?

Maguire

Practically Family
byronic said:
Hmmmm..... i'm intrigued that you mention Foynes and Shanagolden- my father is from that area, I take it that you visited The Flying Boat Museum?
I haven't. My father is from that area and its essentially where we stick to whenever we are back "home" as he calls it, and i'd like to one day.

Small world though, I'll wager my father knows your father, since he seems to know everyone from that area, especially the old crowd.

Corky

Practically Family
All of my ancestors came from Ireland, but headed west...

All of my ancestors came from the west of Ireland, from places like County Sligo and (of course) County Cork. Many of the old folks went back and forth across the Atlantic in previous generations. I once asked my great-great aunt (who lived in a town called Knockadoo) where her father was born and she said "Sure and my father was born in Ohio, the same as your own!"

A bit off topic, but with Christmas coming up, if anybody is interested in a good book recommendation for a gift to an Irishman:

"To Hell or Barbados: The Ethnic Cleansing of Ireland"

by Sean O'Callaghan

USA UK

Best of luck

byronic

One of the Regulars
Mr Maguire

Maguire said:
I haven't. My father is from that area and its essentially where we stick to whenever we are back "home" as he calls it, and i'd like to one day.

Small world though, I'll wager my father knows your father, since he seems to know everyone from that area, especially the old crowd.
I am trying to PM you, but apparently you need to empty your mailbox...;)

Dragon Soldier

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
The fella from Belfast who was a disc jockey and had his drink spiked and his records/music stolen, then woke up dressed in a white crime scene overalls...? (strange how I remember 'that' one!). Haven't seen him around for a wee while.

Also some girls from the south of Ireland who are members.

Err yeah... You would. Not my finest hour.

Forgot my login and lost access to the address I'd registered with, became a student again... Actually worked a bit.

Bit late coming to this but always up for a pint or seven, almost anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82