Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inspirations

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Wingnut said:
My pal Joe, another lawyer.

06.jpg

Now that's a pinstripe!

Hubba bubba:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :p :p :p

Marty M.

Vendor
My other Bible.

This is my "Other" Bible. I Bought it new a few years back. I recently went to Amazon to buy a couple copies as gifts. Needless to say that it's gone up in price. So no gifts were bought. This book has been a huge inspiration to me. Many of nights I've fallen asleep reading this book.
Marty Mathis

IMG_4513.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4514.jpg
[/IMG]

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I get my inspiration from some friends...

I get my inspiration from some friends (as well as my friends on the Lounge). From left to right, Richard, who always looks dapper and does it effortlessly, fellow Lounger K.L. Bowers (center), who can make casual look dressy, and Mark (on right), this time NOT dressed in a suit! lol
100_0332.jpg

This was taken at a living history event (hence the armbands) in Gettysburg, and that is K.L. Bowers' 1936 Chevrolet.

volatile

A-List Customer
Marty M. said:
This is my "Other" Bible. I Bought it new a few years back. I recently went to Amazon to buy a couple copies as gifts. Needless to say that it's gone up in price. So no gifts were bought. This book has been a huge inspiration to me. Many of nights I've fallen asleep reading this book.
Marty Mathis

"1 used & new available from £540.80"

:-O

Damn right it has!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
You might try Amazon.com USA

volatile said:
"1 used & new available from £540.80"
You might want to try Amazon.com's US site for the book. It's still expensive at $300, but with the current exchange rate it's about 150 quid. [huh]

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
KilroyCD said:
I get my inspiration from some friends (as well as my friends on the Lounge). From left to right, Richard, who always looks dapper and does it effortlessly, fellow Lounger K.L. Bowers (center), who can make casual look dressy, and Mark (on right), this time NOT dressed in a suit! lol
100_0332.jpg

This was taken at a living history event (hence the armbands) in Gettysburg, and that is K.L. Bowers' 1936 Chevrolet.

Are the plastic-coffin johnnies period correct?

Edward

Bartender
The Wingnut said:

Sharp. I want those gloves!!

I don't know that there is any one specific person I've ever regarded as a style icon per se; I guess I've just absorbed what I like the looks of along the way and that's what I strive towards. I'll get there eventually....

kools

Practically Family
louis_jordan_at_the_paramount_theater_new_york_n_y_ca_july_1946_large.jpg

Louis Jordan

Young-Desi-Arnaz-at-Restaurant-Print-C10327892.jpeg

Desi Arnaz

20060729122123-sid-catlett-2.jpg

Big Sid Catlett

lionelhampton2.jpg

Lionel Hampton

p06343l3po4.jpg

Percy Mayfield

AlCasey.JPG

Al Casey

Pic-Roy-Brown-Deluxe-Records.jpg

Roy Brown

tbonewalker.jpg

T-Bone Walker, of course

p11774a9e2e.jpg

Bing

KCT1947.jpg

King Cole Trio

Blackjack

One Too Many
Who inspires your manner of dress??

When it comes to looking sharp, I've always dug Gary Cooper's style. Looking at pictures of him off film I've stolen quite a few ideas and the great part about it is unlike dressing like someone more high profile ( Indie for example) I've gotten rave revues from the occasional lady who THINKS I've got style, haha. No, Cooper did and and I'm just following in the footsteps of greatness. Everyone has a fave, who's yours?
cooper-gary-photo-xl-gary-cooper-62.jpg

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since I'm not wearing suits any more I tend to relate to Howard Hughes. fedora, OK. Leather or waist-hugger jacket. Non-outstanding slacks. Plain, simple but works for me.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
For me it's never been one person. I've always gotten particular styles from film characters. I've been doing this since high school and I must say I've gotten pretty good at replicating characters' styles. :D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
In the first instance, probably my father.

Dad never left the house without wearing a felt fedora, shirt and tie. Other male members of my family from that finest of generations (some of whom had experienced two world wars) always wore a hat or a cap.
That undoubtedly had an influence on me.

As did the subsequent "Saturday Afternoon at the Movies" when they showed old b&w movies of the likes of Spencer Tracey, Gary Cooper, Bogart and Jimmy Stewart. All of whom were idols in my eyes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg