Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm an Uncle!!!!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eric Mills and Kristin Carberry, Milo T. Mills and Poppy (they're married but my sister liked her last name :rolleyes: )

Current Queens residents, future Upper West Siders

My nephew's gonna grow up a city kid.

TheNewFamily.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

carebear said:
Eric Mills and Kristin Carberry, Milo T. Mills and Poppy (they're married but my sister liked her last name :rolleyes: )

Current Queens residents, future Upper West Siders

My nephew's gonna grow up a city kid.

TheNewFamily.jpg
What a nice looking family, congratulations again!

My sister Laura and her husband Jayson live on the upper west side. Well, right at the beginning at 61st and Broadway by Columbus Circle.They have a 2 year old son, Isaac. I think they are planning on having another soon. They will be neighbors! My sister knows of all of the cool stuff in the city to do for babies and toddlers. So if your sister needs anything I'd be more than happy to get any needed info from my sister.
Congrats again, what a joyous time for you and your family! Remember, its the job of the uncle to spoil the nephew rotten!!!! You're the one who gets to buy him the toys that mom won't let him have. At least that's what I do with Isaac.
Post more pics as you get them...

carebear

They inherited a condo in Queens a few years back AND a coop in Manhattan. The coop is at (IIRC) 101st? and Columbus. They are just waiting to get confirmation the association will let them keep it and then they'll sell the condo.

They both work on the island so it will save the 45 minute commute on the train. I'll pass your offer along, thanks Daisy.

The next pictures I really want are of me holding the little bugger. Since they'll be posted on FL, I have to pack carefully. ;)

Benny Holiday

Congratulations Uncle Matt!

And to the new parents too! What great news! Milo looks so cute, I want to show my wife so much but she's already so clucky for baby no. 2 . . . Nah, I'll have to show her anyway!

Daisy Buchanan

carebear said:
And here is the first picture from the visit...

100_0099.jpg
Very, very cute, Matt! Congrats again.
I never imagined, before my nephew Isaac was born, that he would take such a big space in my heart. But he really does, so I know how you are feeling. From the first moment you lay eyes on them, your heart melts, and you will be under their spell for the rest of your life. Given how I feel about Isaac, I can't imagine how my feelings will be when I finally have a child of my own! Very scary!
In no way am I trying to take away from your wonderful event, but I wanted to share with you a picture of Isaac. He was once as tiny as your nephew, and I can't believe how much he has grown. He is now 2 years and 2 months. He's very big for his age, but oh so adorable. You think your nephew is cute now, just watch him as he grows, he will get cuter and sweeter, and more fun everyday. Treasure the time you have with him, make lots of memories. Every time you see him, you will not only grow fonder of him, but he will get to know you. Just wait til' the first time he says your name. Wow, what a feeling. It's just so amazing to watch them grow and learn. I just love how they see the world with their new eyes. Everything to a child is an adventure, a new thing learned, and you will be one of the people teaching him. From the littlest thing he learns from you, to the biggest, it truly is a wonderful feeling. Always remember that you are blessed by this little man who has suddenly appeared in your world.
Keep us posted on how he is doing and do show lots of pictures. I have created a website with lots of pics of Isaac, if you want to see the massive changes he's been through since he was born. And I do mean massive, the link is in my signature at the bottom of the post. I had no idea, the first time I held him at 2 days old, that he would turn into what he did. Especially how big he got. He's at the age when his personality is starting to show, it's such an amazing thing to see. Oh, I'm so sorry to go on. As you can tell, I'm completely enamored by him. I'm sure you can understand this, after spending time with your own adorable nephew.

carebear

Daisy,

What a good looking little man.

I was surprised at how much progress Milo made (lifting his head, focusing on stuff, writing a symphony, that sort of thing) in the just 11 days we were there.

Daisy Buchanan

carebear said:
Daisy,

What a good looking little man.

I was surprised at how much progress Milo made (lifting his head, focusing on stuff, writing a symphony, that sort of thing) in the just 11 days we were there.
Thank You:)

Wow, a symphony already!! That is impressive!

My sister plays a lot of classical music for Isaac, and it's so cute, because he walks around humming mozart and bach! It's amazing the little things that they pick up. Before you know it your little Milo will be drawing and singing, and writing plays....

carebear

Well his dad's an accomplished actor and writer, mix that up with the Carberry reading gene (which skipped my sister) and he'll definitely have verbal ability.

Vi,

Just wait til I get the "nephew sleeping on napping uncle's chest" photo posted. ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:
Vi,

Just wait til I get the "nephew sleeping on napping uncle's chest" photo posted. ;)

Don't think I can't see the insidiousness of this plan, carebear!

*refreshes board every 30 seconds*

;)

-Viola

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Girl Friday said:
Congrats, too cute!

My nephews are the 2 on the right...in case you couldn't tell. It is SO much fun to be an aunt or uncle! (oh hehe...Monkey's Uncle...)
monkeyboys.jpg

lol lol lol lol lol Is that genius or what???????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley