Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could solve just one mystery....

Tiller

Practically Family
You might not like what you find behind the Jack the Ripper case. Either insanity or a cover up at very high levels. :eeek::eusa_doh:

Personally I believe the man named Jacob Levy was the madman of Whitechapel. A mentally disturbed, syphilis infected, butcher. Sounds about right if I had to make a guess. Is it possible that the Police choose to hide the identity of the killer, because they feared violent reprisals against the Jewish community?

I'm far from a Ripperologist though. lol

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
And so many strange occurrences surrounding the case as well. [huh]:eusa_doh:

There are of lot of interesting side stories, rumours, famous suspects, events...a fascinating case!

Personally I believe the man named Jacob Levy was the madman of Whitechapel. A mentally disturbed, syphilis infected, butcher. Sounds about right if I had to make a guess. Is it possible that the Police choose to hide the identity of the killer, because they feared violent reprisals against the Jewish community?

Hi Tiller. Levy is your favourite suspect? Interesting. There are just so many suspects, and more being added to the list. I personally don't favour Levy as a suspect, but I too am no Ripperologist. I have read a great deal on the case, but there are always more books and articles to read, and new research coming to light. Hey...I use to be on Casebook (your link).

I don't think so.....but who knows! That is the thing...no one knows for sure, just a lot of theories. None are provable.

X
BD

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
This mystery is from outer space and dates from 1947. It's the Roswell UFO crash.

The only real question there is whether it really did crash, or did the military shoot it down.

Marilyn Monroe's cause of death.

Murder. Arranged by the Kennedys. Next? ;) :p

It certainly is a distinct possibility that the true identity of the killer was discovered, and the ongoing 'mystery' down to a cover-up. I'd be very surprised if they did it simply to protect the Jewish community back then, though. A royal, now that would have been different. The Masonic conspiracy also can't be easily dismissed, given the specifics of the ritual nature of the killings.

Well for the JFK thing you have to live to 2038 for the documents to be released. I think we'll both make it. :p

Surely you're not naive enough to think they'll actually release the truth?

JFK assassination.

This one is going to be an uproar when the documents get opened up. I remember seeing a program I think on PBS that did an analysis of the Zapruder film frame by frame. They did a 3D computer animation of the film. With movement of the car and the occupants it showed how the "Magic Bullet" was actually more than reasonable but very likely because of the way the victims line up when the film frames are studied in detail.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It certainly is a distinct possibility that the true identity of the killer was discovered, and the ongoing 'mystery' down to a cover-up. I'd be very surprised if they did it simply to protect the Jewish community back then, though. A royal, now that would have been different. The Masonic conspiracy also can't be easily dismissed, given the specifics of the ritual nature of the killings.

The royal theory is bunk. The dates of the murders, and when the Prince was in the country do not match. One of the most famous theories though!
X
BD

I saw on TV once that they did a survey and something like 70% of the people interviewed thought it never happened. I've seen a lot of stuff about it being a fake and stuff not making sense with it. Honestly, I have no real opinion either way, but I'd like to know for sure.

Was landing on the moon a mysterious event?

Geez, I'll be pushing 50 by then!
Well for the JFK thing you have to live to 2038 for the documents to be released. I think we'll both make it. :p

Edward

Bartender
This one is going to be an uproar when the documents get opened up. I remember seeing a program I think on PBS that did an analysis of the Zapruder film frame by frame. They did a 3D computer animation of the film. With movement of the car and the occupants it showed how the "Magic Bullet" was actually more than reasonable but very likely because of the way the victims line up when the film frames are studied in detail.

The only real uproar I can see coming will be from those naive enough to think now that they'll release anything like the truth. [huh]

The royal theory is bunk. The dates of the murders, and when the Prince was in the country do not match. One of the most famous theories though!
X
BD

Certainly, if memory serves, when the last of the murders that are regarded as Ripper canon was committed, the Duke of Clarence was genuinely in Scotland. What still seems a possibility to me is that the murders were committed in order to cover up a royal indiscretion. It certainly seems more likely than the idea of one of the Old Firm getting their own hands dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun