Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need UUUUURGENT help!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Hi! I hope some of you can help me...
1) Here goes... some months ago, someone here posted a link that had a huuuuuge amount of golden era ads for everything...food, beauty, cars etc.. thjere were loads of ads to look at... If someone has this link, please share it!

2) Also... I urgently need examples of how late 50s/early 60s ads would look like... especially for restaurants, hotels (who are opening soon)...etc.
I need inspiration for (the look) making one of these:

(this one a bit too old haha)
lights1.jpg

unfair4.jpg

Just share as much as you can! :eek:
I am desperate!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Eventhough neither of these is the link I am am looking for....Thank you so much...Those will definately be of help!!!

But if someone has the link I am talking about... or more suggestions etc...SHARE!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
back in the '50s, this kind of stuff would have all been either hand lettered on the sign by sign painters or done by graphic designers and reproduced.

As far as computer fonts go, check out dafont.com . They have some interesting retro fonts.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Dinerman said:
back in the '50s, this kind of stuff would have all been either hand lettered on the sign by sign painters or done by graphic designers and reproduced.

As far as computer fonts go, check out dafont.com . They have some interesting retro fonts.
Do you have a few examples? Preferably late 50s?? :D

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:

Thanks! I found one on that site called "Mouse Deco" that looks absolutely perfect with my Windows XP Silver desktop.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Tinseltown said:
some months ago, someone here posted a link that had a huuuuuge amount of golden era ads for everything...food, beauty, cars etc.. thjere were loads of ads to look at... If someone has this link, please share it!
I would suggest that you PM Marc Chevalier. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley