Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new lightweight felt hat.

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
how I've just said, I need a new felt hat for the spring.
I would prefer a fedora look hat, unlined I think, for everyday use.

Any advice for me, please???

Many thanks.

Riccardo.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
There are a few hats made today that are unlined and lightweight . We carry a Borsalino Astuccio that can be rolled up . It's a very nice hat to wear in the summer if you want a felt hat . I also think that Bailey makes a new felt hat that is light in weight and is unlined but it can't be rolled up . Other than that you should look in Italy. The selection for light weight hats is better there than in the USA .

Ciao,
Steven
www.bencrafthats.com:)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Hi Riccardo,

I have an Akubra Stylemaster that is unlined and called a "featherweight." It's very light and perfect for spring and even summer wear - though it blows off easily. :)
Doesn't your Stylemaster fit the spring hat bill?

PS Nice straw... but I miss Schopenhauer.

Mr Nick

New in Town
Bailey "Glen"

I have a Bailey light weight felt hat called the "Glen". It's a crushable with a brim about 2.5 inches wide. I wear it most of the year here in S.C. When summer comes, even a panama is hot! I've had it a few years and it feels like and old friend! It's unlined and almost bullet proof!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good Day Riccardo
The lightest fedora I have is a "Royal Biltmore". "Royal" being the quality of felt. More information found at http://www.biltmorehats.com/descriptions/furfelt.htm It does have a liner but it is also light and very soft. the brim tends to curl when it gets wet, but with a little TLC you can keep it looking good. It is not the easiest brand to find on-line. But they contract out to other hat company's. Some of www.millerhats.com "miller brand" are made by Biltmore. If you are interested I would just email and ask.
As always I would also recommend Akubra. www.hatsdirect.com Lots of styles, choices, cheaper, and tough as nails. I have several and am quite comfortable in them all. I will wear any from -15 to +30 (degrees Celsius) weather. Colder, I go to a fur mountie/soviet hat. hotter.... well it never really gets hotter then +30 where I live. So I hope that helps.
Johnny

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Stetson Gaylord

Well, very lightweight, but lined, bound brim, with very soft sweatband. Tobacco Brown or Moss. I like my very much even if it is a second!!!

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
If price is a question , then go for a lite felt hat . They can be bought for anywhere from 35.00 to 45.00 depending on the style .
The "Glenn" mentioned is a hat made from fur and wool. But it's not a great hat . Just something to throw around . Stick to the Borsolinos or Biltmores for a good hat .
I saw a Stetson Bantam on Ebay a little while ago . If you want a vintage hat thats light, look for one of those .:rolleyes:

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Lite weight felt?

JUGHEAD.jpg

They just don't make them like they use to.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry Raindog I did not notice you were from the UK. Jughead is a character from the comic book "Archie's" Primarily distributed in North America for the last 60 years. www.archiecomics.com. Jughead wore a hat like that. Just some useless information.
Johnny

riccardo

Practically Family
Many thanks.

Hi to all and many thanks for your nice replies.
I've join all the link, there are a lot of good advice.
I would like to see the Stetson Bantam, I've search it without success.
Any pics or link of it?
Any other advice are wellcome, light color, light weight.

Many thanks to all.

Best regards.
Riccardo.

p.s. Schopenhaur will return!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe