Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

Wojto

New in Town
Emal from Hattery today mornig :)
THE FEDERATION

NEW COLOUR

We are excited to announce that we have a new colour coming for the first time in 16 years for the Federation IV Deluxe. Graphite will soon be available in our classic fedora!

If you are familiar with Graphite from either the Cattleman or Banjo Paterson from Akubra, you will know this colour well. It is a sophisticated charcoal with a lot of depth and versatility. A great choice to pair with almost any outfit"

Edward

Bartender
Emal from Hattery today mornig :)
THE FEDERATION

NEW COLOUR

We are excited to announce that we have a new colour coming for the first time in 16 years for the Federation IV Deluxe. Graphite will soon be available in our classic fedora!

If you are familiar with Graphite from either the Cattleman or Banjo Paterson from Akubra, you will know this colour well. It is a sophisticated charcoal with a lot of depth and versatility. A great choice to pair with almost any outfit"

Interesting. I wonder is that replacing Carbon Grey or Moonstone? Or sitting in between as a shade? Be interesting to see. Notable that they mention is being for the DLX; I wonder are they planning to differentiate the two Fed models with different colours in each? That would certainly make choosing between 'em easier! :)

Edward

Bartender
Carbon Grey:

1729073269441.png

This appears to be what Hatsdirect.com are selling as Graphite Grey on their Cattleman Listing:

1729073469398.png

Looks to me to be as much darker than Carbon as Moonstone is lighter. It's an interesting choice. I can imagine owning either of these colours and Moonstone, but it might be more of a stretch to feel I had space for both of these, much as I like both shades. (The Cattleman above definitely isn't black - there's a different photo there that is definitely black, noticeably darker again than this one.)

I'm even more inclined now to speculate that the plan is to differentiate the two models with different colours. Carbon in the regular and this graphite in the DLX would be of a similar contrast to the two different tan colours they already have. I like the idea myself - having owned both, the one real difference I found wasn't qualitative, just the difference in some colour choices. That would imo really make all the difference to me choosing one over the other.

Hoping they bring back Moonstone, though - that's the one I've been waiting for new stock with.

Another thing I notice is the email refers to the IV model, which would suggest to me that if they're introducing a new colour in that, they're not planning to introduce a new model any time soon. (Which is fine with me - I'm very happy with the dimensions of both my IIIs and IVs.)

I'd like to see them do a DLX Plus model with a wide brim-binding and a deeper ribbon - perhaps both contrasting....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gold13791