Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

Edward

Bartender
Went to the Hatsdirect website today to look over some Fed IVs. A message came in stating that there is a ‘Fed IV hat Project’ in the works. Says nothing more about it. Anyone have any information?

News to me, hopefully someone on here does...

The most obvious way to go might be new colours - bluegrass green, midnight blue.... Personally, what I'd love to see them do the most would be a hemp milano-weave straw version. I miss my Feds this time of year when it's too dern hot to wear them...

Edward

Bartender
It's a secret marketing scheme

Heh. here's clearly something afoot: they've run stocks of both versions down to almost nothing. Makes me suspect they're going to introduce a Mk V, maybe nodding to the Dial of Destiny version of The Hat? I can't see them stopping it, given it's an exclusive and, best as I can make out, a healthy seller. Fingers crossed, anyhow.

As well as a hemp Summer version, I think it would be cool if they did one as a 'plus' model of some sort, with a wide brim-binding matching the ribbon, and a wind trolley. Maybe an option of some contrast ribbons - the Moonstone grey would look sharp with carbon grey or copper coloured ribbon and binding. bluegrass green and a mid / turquoise blue would be nice options as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth