Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How things change...

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I remember reading posts by Rundquist at the very beginning of these posts, and admiring his collection of Optimo`s. Next thing is I see his name in the classifieds selling his 17 (yes, seventeen) 7 1/2 sized Optimos! As I`m a 7 3/8 and a 1/2, I`ll be competing with other Optimo 7 1/2ers! Aparently his tastes have changed, and he`s moving on. It was also about 10 pages into the forum that Art appeared - I remember seeing a mail by Matt asking someone else if he had ever heard of Art Fawcett!! How things have changed over the past 5 years or so! I wonder what the next 5 years hold, and how many of us will be selling our prized pocessions in the next five years!!??:eek: :eek:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That's so true....I was thinking about this the other day, though maybe not in such depth as you. The people who were on when I started here, some are still on, some are not. Art Fawcett becoming an icon of quality custom hat making from relative obscurity. How many futures were started here in the last 5 years...How long will this "family" of our making be around?...:D

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
One thing is for certain: In the next five years we are going to get far more change than anyone could have imagined five years ago. I anticipate a very exciting (Scary) time ahead.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Well, we all know that change is the only constant. I've only been here for about a year and a half, and things have changed since then. People will come and go, but the general interest will stay the same. At least that is what I predict for the Lounge.

Now, the "REAL" world...lol No idea there!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I have a preference for folding money but "change" may be all that I'm left with in the next few years. Perhaps this was what was really meant by that all along. :mad:

Over time, I've had several collecting hobbies/interests: Slot cars, swords/knives, woodworking (tools), hand guns, cooking (gizmos), backpacking (gear)...

I do tend to get into one of these and then phase through it but not entirely out. Kind of a 'honeymoon' period in the first couple years.

Mostly I'm one-way about my compulsions. I buy. I rarely sell, and I can't imagine giving up my guns (no matter what), or hats (and wearing of same).

I am considering selling most of the HO scale slot car stuff though just because all the collection does now is sit in storage.

tortswon

Practically Family
A newbie's view

I have only been here about 6 months but one of the things I am thankful for is living in a time when we have easy computer access. None of this would have been possible forty years ago. We have a great community here and I don't think that will change anytime soon no matter what happens with the economy. I would never have learned what I have learned about hats if it weren't for the Lounge. Thanks to all! Best, Sam

Subvet642

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
Over time, I've had several collecting hobbies/interests: Slot cars, swords/knives, woodworking (tools), hand guns, cooking (gizmos), backpacking (gear)...

I do tend to get into one of these and then phase through it but not entirely out. Kind of a 'honeymoon' period in the first couple years.

Mostly I'm one-way about my compulsions. I buy. I rarely sell, and I can't imagine giving up my guns (no matter what), or hats (and wearing of same).

I am considering selling most of the HO scale slot car stuff though just because all the collection does now is sit in storage.

I'm sorta/kinda new to hats. I work in a uniform, so I will never have a chance to wear them at work (except for the uniform cap), but I recently became a Freemason, so now I have the opportunity to dress well, and I want to make the most of it. So, between lodge meetings and other functions, I get to dress like a grown-up, finally! I'm at an age where I'm sick to death of wearing jeans and t-shirts, unless I have to. Like Gene, I have my share of collections and interests: fountain pens, art deco radios, old movies, baseball cards and collectables (autographed balls, bats, cards, pictures, etc., etc., etc.), and so forth. I too, almost never sell. I might sell a pen to finance a new purchase, but rarely. At first I'll go through a "hunter-gatherer" phase, like Gene's honeymoon, and while that frenzied period may slow down, my interest never ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe