Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of you guys ordered from the Aero sale?

cl206

New in Town
I got the j106 in chestnut badalassi, my first aero!
Finally bit on a J-106/KOTR. Black CXLSH.
Hi another person got the j106 with the KOTR back, is that also what you got?
I asked holly and she says there might be a big upcharge but the production manager is away on vacation so she won’t know. I did order the j106 in chestnut badalassi and asked about the KOTR back.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I got the j106 in chestnut badalassi, my first aero!

Hi another person got the j106 with the KOTR back, is that also what you got?
I asked holly and she says there might be a big upcharge but the production manager is away on vacation so she won’t know. I did order the j106 in chestnut badalassi and asked about the KOTR back.
Holly told me 100gbp up charge for the custom back, and the discount doesn't extend to customization or leather upgrades. So it'll probably work out to around 10% discount on the total price, and that's not too bad for an extensive, non-standard customization like that.

Woulda went for a Type III modified with 80s style handwarmer pockets if they would do it, but no dice there.

postman10mm

New in Town
Aero’s sale hit a week after I finally finalized a Thurston’s order for a Hooch Hauler in russet Baladassi, so of course I ordered a Rockafella, in black goat - it will be interesting to see which finishes first.

cl206

New in Town
Holly told me 100gbp up charge for the custom back, and the discount doesn't extend to customization or leather upgrades. So it'll probably work out to around 10% discount on the total price, and that's not too bad for an extensive, non-standard customization like that.

Woulda went for a Type III modified with 80s style handwarmer pockets if they would do it, but no dice there.
Thanks for the reply! Mine might be more seeing it is badalassi so I am not sure if I might do that for another 100lb. I like the default j106 back and not sure if the upcharge is worth it for me. Alright gotta think about it..

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Ordered a type 3 in chocolate goat suede. All I can say is - I’m glad I ordered when I did because I couldn’t believe my eyes just now looking at their price increases. Everything seems to have gone up 30-40%. :rolleyes:

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
An apprentice Original Hercules in tumbled brown horsehide-Superb

Attachments

• Original One.jpg
    Original One.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
  • Original Two.jpg
    Original Two.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63

onstar

One of the Regulars
Ordered a type 3 in chocolate goat suede. All I can say is - I’m glad I ordered when I did because I couldn’t believe my eyes just now looking at their price increases. Everything seems to have gone up 30-40%. :rolleyes:

27.7 to be exact.. yikes

Edit: 326 USD increase

Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Wow - those are some quite hefty price increases - the jacket I had had my eye on in particular has gone up from £600 to £900! I'm sure they are worth that amount, but I wasnt expecting that big a leap.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
27.7 to be exact.. yikes

Edit: 326 USD increase
Wow - those are some quite hefty price increases - the jacket I had had my eye on in particular has gone up from £600 to £900! I'm sure they are worth that amount, but I wasnt expecting that big a leap.
600 to 900 is an increase of 50%. 300 is 50% of 600. I wonder what's going on over there that has driven costs up by that much. I've heard inflation has been worse around the world than it was in the US, so maybe that's it? It's very steep, especially after the 15% off sale. I'm more glad I decided to pull the trigger now, that sticker shock is something right now.

onstar

One of the Regulars
600 to 900 is an increase of 50%. 300 is 50% of 600. I wonder what's going on over there that has driven costs up by that much. I've heard inflation has been worse around the world than it was in the US, so maybe that's it? It's very steep, especially after the 15% off sale. I'm more glad I decided to pull the trigger now, that sticker shock is something right now.

Ahh 600 to 900 is %33

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Cost of living in the UK has surely gone up.

What I have also noticed is that how ten years ago, Aero was like almost the only leather jacket brand being discussed here and posted pictures of and these days, they cause much less buzz and the Aero share in jacket content has significantly decreased. Just look at how little attention this sale caught on here, compared to sales in the past. They have announced exciting new things in the making, maybe new pricing strategy is part of an overall overhaul of the brand?

onstar

One of the Regulars
Cost of living in the UK has surely gone up.

What I have also noticed is that how ten years ago, Aero was like almost the only leather jacket brand being discussed here and posted pictures of and these days, they cause much less buzz and the Aero share in jacket content has significantly decreased. Just look at how little attention this sale caught on here, compared to sales in the past. They have announced exciting new things in the making, maybe new pricing strategy is part of an overall overhaul of the brand?

You mean more upscale.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
£600 to £900
Which model?
I think the Premier Highwayman has gone from 750 to 900. I wouldn't have noticed 600 to 900 yet.
You always have to check whether the UK prices or the Rest-Of-The-World prices are displayed. That's a difference of 20% because the UK VAT is deducted.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
To answer the OP original question, No I didn't get a jacket from the sale. That's because I already have one in the pipeline, AN-J-4 size 42. Had I known about the sale ahead of time I would have waited for the sale to pull the trigger.

In 2022, I bought a custom brand new Highwayman size 40 for £725 plus £60 shipping.

In 2023, I bought a very custom brand new HighwaySheene size 42 for £920 plus £60 shipping. The custom charge of turning a Sheen into a HighwaySheene was £80, so a regular Sheene would have cost £840.

The Highwayman remains to be one of my all time favorite. Jackets cost double don't come close to it. But it is my third Highwayman, I had two before settling on this final version, CXL SH, add one inch length, and with quilted lining.

I wish all the prices were back to where things were in the 90s, but in reality they are not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB