Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I suppose it really boils down to the customs of each locale and country.
hats 1912.jpg
Times change, people change.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I had one of the nicest things happen at church a couple weeks ago. I usually wear a western style fedora [broad brim] and there is a teen boy there who is autistic. He has kind of take a liking to me and he said he really liked my hat and asked if he could try it on [this is VERY unusual for someone autistic]. Anyway it was a hair too big but he really liked it. I had a new hat like it but in a different color that I had bought but it was a bit tight, so I had only worn it a couple of times. So I took it to Church and it fit him perfectly. He loves it and his Mom said she has to tell him to take it off!
Salute Deacon!!
To give a hat to someone and know it gives them true joy Is one of the true joys of being a hat guy.
B

Olumin

New in Town
99% of "Autistic" people are really just people with a little more common sense then the rest of us, so we invented this label to convince them they are "sick". Really, most of them just talk less bulls**t. Only "censored" because most forums have rules against swearing. It's a very convenient label really, because it's so broad that you can diagnose anyone with it if you wanted to. And they do.

You would be surprised how many people would like to dress a certain way, but don't do so because they are afraid of what other people might think. When they see you walking around in something unconventional like a fedora, it might just give them the push they needed to start being more true to themselves.

"You're damned if you do and damned if you don't."
Other people will think what they want anyway, so you might aswell just do what you want to start with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg