Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

Picker

One of the Regulars
Frussell
You're absolutely right about Jenny. She has always been a big help to me when I buy from Hatsdirect. And, Jenny, welcome aboard. We are glad to have you!

Brando11

A-List Customer
Hi there, Jenny, and welcome! A question for you: would it be possible to have you folks style them before shipping? I'd be interested in a tight front pinch and a teardrop crown- similar to the one in my avatar.
Thx-
-Brando

Hat Girl

New in Town
Brando11, We don't offer a shaping service for our online customers, as we really need to have your face in front of us to do the shaping - it is always easier to move the pinch, rather than moving your nose:) I thought half the fun of getting an open crowned hat, was shaping it - just the way you want. We do shape hats for customers who come into the store - maybe you need to make a trip down under. Cheers Jenny

Hat Girl

New in Town
Thanks for the kind word guys - all this positive feedback will give me a swelled head and it's already big enough, Cheers Jen

Viktor

One of the Regulars
I just received my open crown Fed IV Deluxe and must say that open crown is best, it takes a couple of minutes to bash and ready to hit the road, can't wait to feel the deluxe felt of the new CD!

EggHead

Practically Family
I live in a big town and prefer to wear 2 1/2" brims. The one on CD and Akubras in general are a bit too wide for city use even though 2 3/4" on Leisure Time (that I own) is OK with me as I use it not just in public transport work commute, but also on park trails. My wish would be a shorter brim. Just my 2 pennies. BTW, today was pretty windy (15-20mi/hr) and my LT did try to part with me several times. I think it's the brim!

Jenny, welcome!!

Last edited:

mflemming

One of the Regulars
Hi Jenny!

One thing that I am curious about: there have been other attempts to have special versions of hats made which were not successful. This one seems (fingers crossed!) to be off to a good start. From a vendor's standpoint, what is different this time?

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I would like mine made by the original dimensions with original trim. I believe Hats Direct will trim a brim to an individual's specifications; is that correct Jenny?

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Good question....to which I have no answer. If HD can't do it, then maybe this can be done individually at the factory. I'm sure Jenny will enlighten us.

Viktor

One of the Regulars
Brim size is an issue for smaller noggins, if HD or Akubra can't do it count on adding another $55.00 (approximate) for a custom hatter to trim/bind and hope it matches the ribbon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe