Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

If the siverbelly Campdraft in Heritage becomes a reality, I'll keep my regular CD, remove the liner, and wear it for spring and summer sweaty bummin' around, at least when the Georgia heat and humidity allow. I want it to acquire a good old-fashioned Depression-era, workin' man look. It's so light and pretty now that I just can't bring myself to let it get dirty. With a 4 to 5 month lead time as Jenny indicated, we may all have the Heritage versions in time for next Fall.

I know what you mean Picker. I have a fairly modern Stetson Open Road that has developed that petina. The green CD I wear hunting is aging nicely, too. These things are so tough & look so nice for so long, getting to that beater look will take some serious use!

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I agree with keeping the original trim options. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more colors in the Heritage Quality but this is a pretty good start.

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I am excited about this hat! Who will be in charge of communicating our combined trim preference (keeping everything original/as is) to Hats Direct? I recommend gtdean handles this since he is the one that got the ball rolling on this great opportunity. Since we have learned that Akubra can manufacture the hats for us, when are we able to place the order. I e-mailed my size and intent to order but who gives the nod to Akubra to press ahead with the project? The sooner we pull the trigger, the sooner we will have hat in hand. Great work fellas!

I am excited about this hat! Who will be in charge of communicating our combined trim preference (keeping everything original/as is) to Hats Direct? I recommend gtdean handles this since he is the one that got the ball rolling on this great opportunity. Since we have learned that Akubra can manufacture the hats for us, when are we able to place the order. I e-mailed my size and intent to order but who gives the nod to Akubra to press ahead with the project? The sooner we pull the trigger, the sooner we will have hat in hand. Great work fellas!

I'll gladly tell them to keep it like the original which seems like the concensus here. I do have a vintage Open Road that I sent to Optimo for renovation & they were out of matching ribbon for the brim & band. I went with contrasting & it turned out okay but a little Buckaroo looking to me.
p1010002-1.jpg

I've always favored matching brim binding & figure staying with the traditional matching band & bow, any of the anarchist around here can swap it out if they dementedly choose to.;)
Us Purist can wear it like it was meant to be from it's Open Road roots. :cool:

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
I'm with Mr. Dean on this. Original matching ribbon and trim. I've had Campdrafts altered, and was never that impressed with the results. It's good the way it comes. Frank

mflemming

One of the Regulars
Just to be on the safe side, it might be a good idea to specify the sweatband as per other hats in the Heritage Collection. Again, just to be safe we should nail down the ribbon width; there were some complaints in the Campdraft thread a couple of years ago about a batch with wider ribbons. Is there such a thing as extra-high quality ribbon?

Viktor

One of the Regulars
I vote to leave "as is" also. I had a taupe fawn Campdraft, sold it here on the classifieds. Nice looking, just not my style. Frank.

frussell - when you say "just not my style" are you referring to the taupe fawn color? The reason I ask it would be nice to also have this color in deluxe, who knows once they have the silverbelly deluxe in production other colors may follow based on sales and interest.

frussell

One Too Many
Viktor - the color itself was not my favorite. I just never wore it. I've had one each of Glen Grey, Silverbelly, and Taupe Fawn, and Silverbelly just suits me better. Just personal preference. Frank

I told Jenny at Hats Direct that we are discussing the ribbon color & asked specifically about the nicer, wider sweatband. I will report back her reply.

They're here!!!!!
From Jenny at Hats Direct =
Thanks for keeping the discussion going. I've just signed up to be a part of the Fedora Lounge. Though it might be easier to discuss things directly with everyone.

In regards to the wider sweatband - no problem. This will be apart of the new Campdraft, Heritage Grade in Silverbelly.

Cheers Jenny

Hat Girl

New in Town
Hi guys, thought I would join in the conversation regarding the new Heritage Quality Campdraft in Silverbelly. I have just spoken to Akubra and we will be using the Heritage quality leather band on the new hat. The rough measurement is 41mm or 1 5/8 inches wide instead of the usual 35mm or 1 3/8 inches on the standard felt. Cheers Jenny

Hat Girl

New in Town
Thanks, it's nice to join in on the conversation - all going well, we should have the new hat ready for your northern summer season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe