Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help ID vintage Jacket

KeganThunder

New in Town
Hello people, I just purchased this vintage jacket and while I’m waiting for it to arrive I was hoping for any insight on the age, brand, model, leather etc. Looking through the sellers pictures it doesn’t appear to have any labels or branding left. He claims it’s 30s or 40s. Thanks!
IMG_3082.jpeg
IMG_3083.jpeg
IMG_3084.jpeg
IMG_3085.jpeg
IMG_3086.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hello people, I just purchased this vintage jacket and while I’m waiting for it to arrive I was hoping for any insight on the age, brand, model, leather etc. Looking through the sellers pictures it doesn’t appear to have any labels or branding left. He claims it’s 30s or 40s. Thanks!
View attachment 643820 View attachment 643821 View attachment 643822 View attachment 643823 View attachment 643834
Nice jacket. Original zipper to the jacket. It looks like a Californian to me. The zipper is late post-WW II to early 50s.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I definitely will once it arrives
The jacket does have some history and was used well by the marks on the jacket. In this forum, there is a wealth of information regarding cleaning, conditioning and lining repairs of original beauties such as your Cali. Please ask if you are in doubt regarding maintaining your jacket. Looking forward to fitting images.

jeo

One Too Many
View attachment 643820 View attachment 643821 View attachment 643822 View attachment 643823 View attachment 643834

This is a Sears Hercules horsehide jacket made by California Sportswear Co. from the 50’s (likely early 50’s)

Here’s a link to a nearly identical one for sale with the same lining but has the Hercules label.

jeo

One Too Many
You’re right it does look nearly identical, thanks for your help!
Besides the double stitch around the hand warmer pockets on yours (which is one of the hallmarks of a California Sportswear made jacket) they’re identical. The one that @photo2u posted is also practically the same except it has the CSC label and a different lining. Great find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josephjay21