Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help - Can you give me more information about this work jacket?

Marco21

New in Town
Hi all, I bought this work jacket for about 60€. Can you tell me if you think it is a nice piece and maybe more details on a possible value?
I think the cotton is salt and pepper and the jacket must be from the 60s.

Sorry, I am new to this.

Many thanks to all

IMG_1976.jpeg
IMG_1977.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg
IMG_1980.jpeg
IMG_1982.jpeg
IMG_1987.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to quote Peacoat's excellent reply to a valuation request thread from last week.

We have multiple posters come here wanting information on their jackets. It's their first post and sometimes their only post. For years our members would invest their time into doing some research, based on their knowledge of the jacket, and post the information.

If lucky, that member would get a brief thank you, and the new member would never be heard from again. Next we would hear of him would be the jacket was for sale on eBay using the information he gained from this site.

In the past years, most of our members grew weary of providing information to others who only used the info to sell their jackets.

I know this manufacturer and the approximate date of the origianal contract. But, and this is a big but, I also know that Buzz Rickson did a copy of this jacket, using this exact label.

So, without handling the jacket, I am reluctant to give any information about the original contract date for fear that your jacket may be a Japanese copy and not the original. The original being more valuable than the copy.

So, these are two reasons why you haven't gotten any answers to your question.

The guys at VLJ are a good lot; maybe one of them won't be as jaded as our members have become.

Marco21

New in Town
I'd like to quote Peacoat's excellent reply to a valuation request thread from last week.
Dear Marc, I understand that my question may be offensive because you receive them all the time, but I thought that maybe this blog could help me understand a little more about the jacket and not to put it on sale but to understand if I actually paid too much for the jacket or not, since I am not very expert in the sector. If I came across as offensive, I apologize.

Have a good day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken